Tea? (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
Numpty alert..
whats an Audax ride ..sportive is a short all levels race ,yes?

A Sportive is a set route (generally up to 100 miles max), signed, marshalled, with food stops and rewards at the end.

An Audax is a set route (generally 100k plus up to some stoopid distances) but after that you are on your own except where your Brevit card is stamped (or you buy something from a shop and keep the receipt) to prove you did the route. The reward comes in knowing you have done it.

In a Sportive you can switch your brain off and just ride - organised fun. Audax riders have to be self-sufficient, generally have beards, may wear sandals and are a breed apart...

classic33

Leg End Member
What, you feeling ok?
Post ride volunteering withdrawal!

172traindriver

Legendary Member
A Sportive is a set route (generally up to 100 miles max), signed, marshalled, with food stops and rewards at the end.

An Audax is a set route (generally 100k plus up to some stoopid distances) but after that you are on your own except where your Brevit card is stamped (or you buy something from a shop and keep the receipt) to prove you did the route. The reward comes in knowing you have done it.

In a Sportive you can switch your brain off and just ride - organised fun. Audax riders have to be self-sufficient, generally have beards, may wear sandals and are a breed apart...

I could possibly add that some people doing sportives should be reminded if you seriously want to race, numbers go on your back and not on your handlebars, however they can be fun and you sometimes get them classified into gold, silver and bronze categories depending on your time.
Another thing is you often have a timing chip for an accurate time.
Audaxes can be a mixed bag of the bearded professor types with shifters on down tubes or like my little bunch that tend to turn it into a quick Sunday training ride

classic33

Leg End Member
The clangers are coming back.
Tonight on CBBC, voiced over by Michael Palin.
Just so you don't miss it.

Levo-Lon

Guru

ta very muchly..

Fubar

Guru
I could possibly add that some people doing sportives should be reminded if you seriously want to race, numbers go on your back and not on your handlebars, however they can be fun and you sometimes get them classified into gold, silver and bronze categories depending on your time.
Another thing is you often have a timing chip for an accurate time.
Audaxes can be a mixed bag of the bearded professor types with shifters on down tubes or like my little bunch that tend to turn it into a quick Sunday training ride

That's a good point.

I was only joking about the beards and sandals. Sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom