Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

0lonerider

Veteran
its sunny with showers here in costa del windynook, peeps next door just got soaked as they had lunch in there garden! there dog enjoyed there dinners as they made for cover lol

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
All hail the chief of resistance to temptation that is IanDuke, denier of extra-curricular calorific consumption, accepter of instructions, namely 'don't eat the cake while I'm gone'...
Afternoon, made a roasted vegetable wrap for lunch then 'sorted' out the recycling and filled a couple of green bags worth of weeding. Girls had left their communication devices at home and only when they arrived later did I discover the extent of their breakdown-service filled afternoon in attempting to get home after their run. Saving tea and cake for them was a good move, thanks classic! :thumbsup:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
@SteCenturion is off busy searching for something.
Afternoon classic & the Motley Crue. :hello:

I have been MIA yes (Missing In Ashton) only kiddin'.

Today I have been working the 184's from Piccadilly out to Uppermill (lovely little village at the foot of the hills to Neverland.

Lots & lots & lots of cyclists out today round there, well the weather is mighty fine.
Spotted 100's.

Also spotted was a big old shiny green Caddilac, you know the type, with wings on.

I also saw the most expensive push bike I have ever seen, the lesser spotted McLaren S Works Venge in black & like an almost dayglo orange, all £8k > £9 k of it.

I had some time there in Uppermill so went to try & hunt down a paper shop & try to furnish myself with a copy of this weeks Cycling Weekly.

To say this was a difficult task is something of an understatement. It would be easier to Escape WD's Dungeon of Doom/Delight.

Eventually I tracked down the only gay/papershop in the village after walking past it 4 times.

To be fair to myself, this wasn't WH Smiths, it was called 'the Little Big Shop (which was little & not big).
From the outside it looked like a massage/ice cream parlour (not Ray Parlour as that would make customers nauseous) & did in fact sell ice creams & thinly sliced outsiders on baguettes.

In I went & asked about cycling magazines, I was then led to the things that the outsiders covet, (it was actually tardis like this little big shop), alas (poor Yorick, I knew him Horatio) they had ever cycling mag known to man apart from the one I wanted.

& so I left, sans cycling mag, but clasped in my hand, a freshly sliced human ploughmans baguette.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Have they been baked :hungry::cuppa:

Afternoon. Afternoon everyone. Yes. They have been baked, and Mr WD has already tried to demolish the fruit cake. When its all gone he will complain because he has esten too much. Greedy oinker, serves him right. How is everyone this afternoon?

the sun is shining, garden has been weeded, and im watching the TDF.:cuppa::hungry:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Sitting eating Mrs Mhor's angel cakes....:thumbsup: with:cuppa:

Eventually got out this morning as every time I opened the back door, it poured...
finally got 22 mile in between showers and its now pouring
View attachment 51731

Blimey Bob, sounds like the weather has been totally different in the northern part of the country. It started a bit cloudy and cooler here but we ended up doing an 85 mile ride and it was pretty warm by the time we got back this afternoon. I have certainly been knocking back loads of fluids in an attempt to rehydrate myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom