Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Due to car breakdownage (new word invented, I know because it's underlined in red) MrsD is riding in tomorrow morning.... :rain: I haven't told her yet...:ph34r:
Nah .... Some American has probably already invented the word breakdownagest to describe any car that runs like my old Austin Maestro did.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Nah .... Some American has probably already invented the word breakdownagest to describe any car that runs like my old Austin Maestro did.

You owned a Maestro? You deserve to cycle downhill everywhere and never be rained on, you've done all your suffering in this life.:smile:

I'd keep quiet if I were you otherwise you'll get yourself into the doo doo big time Ian.

Only the depth varies. :rolleyes:

Bobby Mhor

Guru
I'd keep quiet if I were you otherwise you'll get yourself into the doo doo big time Ian.
I see this tomorrow morning
frying-pan-smash.gif

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
You owned a Maestro? You deserve to cycle downhill everywhere and never be rained on, you've done all your suffering in this life.:smile:
It actually ran OK in this country - but it broke down every single time we took it to France ... even on day trips. One French mechanic in Montrueil once looked to see what make it was, then said "Ah .... Osteen!" and then spat in disapproval. We had to admit he had a point. Eventually it turned out that the part that had failed on that occasion was made by Ducellier .... in France. I said "Ah! Ducellier" and spat. We got on brilliantly after that, and he charged me almost nothing to fix it.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
I don't know, a post about a car which was a lemon, Bobby taking the pith, there ought to be a juicy joke in there somewhere, I'll have it in a Jif... :smile:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Wet most of the day, I managed to grab a weather window but still met the occasional shower enroute..
Rehydrate ? good idea, I'm off to the fridge to grab some cider:thumbsup:

and a good evening to all:hello:

I saw a bit on the games in Glasgow and unfortunately the good weather seems to have deserted the area. That's a real shame as it is such a showcase for the world and things always look better when the weather is good. A bit like the the weather being good for the tour in this country yet being pretty unpleasant during some of the stages in France.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
It actually ran OK in this country - but it broke down every single time we took it to France ... even on day trips. One French mechanic in Montrueil once looked to see what make it was, then said "Ah .... Osteen!" and then spat in disapproval. We had to admit he had a point. Eventually it turned out that the part that had failed on that occasion was made by Ducellier .... in France. I said "Ah! Ducellier" and spat. We got on brilliantly after that, and he charged me almost nothing to fix it.

Brilliant story!! :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
I saw a bit on the games in Glasgow and unfortunately the good weather seems to have deserted the area. That's a real shame as it is such a showcase for the world and things always look better when the weather is good. A bit like the the weather being good for the tour in this country yet being pretty unpleasant during some of the stages in France.
Didn't it rain every day after leaving Yorkshire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom