Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ansome

I am going home now. :hello: The driver has just announced the train has engine and power difficulties and may cause a delay. Yay!

Can you just go forward and tell him you're available for pedalling if needed?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Afternoon Bob. Everyone. :hello: . You should always be careful bob, whether air is coming out of your wee bits or your big bits. It could be embarassing to say the least.

Afternoon to the rest of you reprebates. Il'll ignore the gang of three as per usual, mainly because they talk cr@p most of the time.

Have a safe journey home Mikey, with tea of course :cuppa: . Hope your tyres ok now bob. And hello to classic, saluki, scotialass and anyone else.

Its hot here again. Around 26 deg C. Have a good afternoon and evening peeps.:hello:

Edit. I should call them the three stooges. Very apt name for those three.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad day:thumbsdown:
I should have realised my back tyre lack of tread should have meant replace, Mhor!..I'll do it on pay day..I thought..
3 ml out from home, air coming out many wee bits...(newly laid road with yon tar and wee sharp stones)

New tyre now fitted..

BUT a good afternoon to all the Tealandia regulars:hello:

Hi Bobby, nice day out on the bike? (apart from the puncture fairy visiting you) :hello:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Afternoon Bob. Everyone. :hello: . You should always be careful bob, whether air is coming out of your wee bits or your big bits. It could be embarassing to say the least.

Afternoon to the rest of you reprebates. Il'll ignore the gang of three as per usual, mainly because they talk cr@p most of the time.

Have a safe journey home Mikey, with tea of course :cuppa: . Hope your tyres ok now bob. And hello to classic, saluki, scotialass and anyone else.

Its hot here again. Around 26 deg C. Have a good afternoon and evening peeps.:hello:

Edit. I should call them the three stooges. Very apt name for those three.

What you saying Mrs D? been out on that bike today or what? :smile:

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Hi Bobby, nice day out on the bike? (apart from the puncture fairy visiting you) :hello:
GA Mr Choo Choo:thumbsup:
Just under 7 ml in total, I couldn't be erchied going any further....
still not feeling 100% leg wise after last Sunday's excursion.
Polly now sparkling, chain oiled, new tyre fitted, seat post greased (just as well I have a seat eh?)
I may rest another week....

172traindriver

Legendary Member
GA Mr Choo Choo:thumbsup:
Just under 7 ml in total, I couldn't be erchied going any further....
still not feeling 100% leg wise after last Sunday's excursion.
Polly now sparkling, chain oiled, new tyre fitted, seat post greased (just as well I have a seat eh?)
I may rest another week....

Sounds like the mountaineering took a bit of a toll on your legs. One of the guys I cycle with goes to the lake district normally a couple of time a year walking. He is a pretty fit guy, but always says he struggles a bit for a few rides when he comes back. Alternative muscle pains he says, I can understand where he is coming from as you are obviously straining different muscle groups.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Yep, another 5 car. This train is going to terminate at Bristol instead of Plymouth now.

They used to have a lot of problems with engines reverting to idle and losing power. I am sure they got that issue sorted and have been having a lot more reliability over the last few years. A 5 car with 4 engines powering is still pretty good on getting up to speed on of their lads told me. The 5 car versions are a fair bit heavier per carriage than the 4 car carriages.
The hot weather has been causing a fair few of our engines to start reverting to idle and then you end up losing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom