Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
That's what I thought. The Defy either stops you dead in your tracks or decides to stop you at some random point it picks ahead up the road somewhere. The cables need a tweak I think.
Yes, I'd think stopping when YOU want to has to be a priority :laugh:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
That's what I thought. The Defy either stops you dead in your tracks or decides to stop you at some random point it picks ahead up the road somewhere. The cables need a tweak I think.

Check the brakes are centred correctly, an off centre brake will just keep rubbing or braking when least expected. Also, make sure you wheels are true and don't flex too much when out of the saddle. :ohmy:

classic33

Leg End Member
I think that I have drunk too much tea since Saturday night. I left for Devon at bang on 13 stone (way way way too fat) and have come back at 13 stone 10lbs :cry::cursing::cry:
I have been eating really healthily, watching my calories, exercising and drinking fruit tea. Lots of fruit tea actually so I reckon that is what the problem is. That and the fact that its not first thing in the morning. I need a nice consoling banana.:mrpig:

Um, one thing people of tealandia. If I take my Planet X out for a blast in the rain, will it melt or should I take the nice Giant Defy with the slightly 'interesting' brakes?
You can't have drunk too much tea. I once drank 32 pints in a night.
You sure it wasn't something you ate!

the_mikey

Legendary Member
DSCI0069.jpg

Saluki

World class procrastinator
You can't have drunk too much tea. I once drank 32 pints in a night.
You sure it wasn't something you ate!
I think that my scales might be on the way out. I have watched my diet like a hawk and have had no cake at all :sad: I don't actually believe that it is possible to put on 10lbs in 72 hours anyway.
Interestingly, my jeans are a lot less snug than they used to be and an old pair of jeans now fit properly. I seem to be getting smaller and heavier which seems odd. My money is on the fact that the scales are knack'd, or I really have had too many cups of tea. I have this new teapot you see, its been getting a bit of a workout.

classic33

Leg End Member
Quiet tintit!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Yep. Its still raining here and tomorrow its going to be more of the same. I think mikey must have been having a bad evening. Who is that in the photo?

classic33

Leg End Member
I think that my scales might be on the way out. I have watched my diet like a hawk and have had no cake at all :sad: I don't actually believe that it is possible to put on 10lbs in 72 hours anyway.
Interestingly, my jeans are a lot less snug than they used to be and an old pair of jeans now fit properly. I seem to be getting smaller and heavier which seems odd. My money is on the fact that the scales are knack'd, or I really have had too many cups of tea. I have this new teapot you see, its been getting a bit of a workout.
Solid floor under the scales, no carpet? The carpet can throw the scales out each & everytime they're used.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Solid floor under the scales, no carpet? The carpet can throw the scales out each & everytime they're used.
Solid floor, lino marley tile flooring. No mats or carpets. Always weigh in the same place too. I do think that its an anomaly. I normally weigh at 7am on a Monday, once a week but as I was away this weekend I weighed myself at 4pm ish ish ish after 7 hours driving and coffee drinking. They are old tatty scales, about a fiver from Asda so I don't expect much from them but they were bob-on-accurate in March.
I have just drunk a 'stubby bottle' of light beer now so that'll be another half a stone on at this rate. I'll get back on my bike tomorrow. I decided against it tonight on account of the lightning and the fact that the rain is bouncing 4" off the road. Neighbour has just come home and says that the road under the bridge is flooded and she had to come the long way around - an 8 mile detour - and even the 4x4s are backing out of that bit of flooding. I don't fancy cycling through it. I've spent the time in the spare room practicing my vibrato on Parisienne Walkways and then all the pull offs on the first page of Jiboom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom