Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Just made a vanilla chai - anyone else for one while I'm at it?

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
'Affordable housing' amuses me. The implication being (possibly rightly, given the ordeals people put themselves through to own a house) that everything else is 'unaffordable'.

Presumably, if they said 'cheap' it would put people off owning them...

I dislike the term "affordable housing" but i like it better than the term "social housing" which a lot of people use. I have neighbours who would gladly build a wall down the middle of the road between the "affordable housing" and them. It's horrible. I have to laugh as there are two households in my road who have caused issues in the last year or so for various neighbours and they weren't in the "affordable" section. I live in a lovely area and i have some lovely neighbours too and i don't care too hoots what house or flat they live in.

I was in the new development show office near my parents yesterday and the sales girl told me they would do a cheaper deal on one particular house because no one wanted to buy it as it was opposite a small row of "affordable houses". Dreadful attitude and yes that is the one i am looking to buy as those houses will probably be occupied by very nice people and the ars***e will probably be my 4 bed detached neighbour.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
'Affordable housing' amuses me. The implication being (possibly rightly, given the ordeals people put themselves through to own a house) that everything else is 'unaffordable'.

Presumably, if they said 'cheap' it would put people off owning them...
Big difference between social rented housing, shared ownership housing... and 'affordable' which can mean anything to suit the agenda of the Council and the developer's marketing advice.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Maybe, what is it? :giggle:

We are more Yorkshire tea around here :cuppa:

I use Tescos finest....
'Chai is the traditional name for tea in India. A fragrant and spicy blend combined with the distinctive flavour of vanilla for an exotic twist'.
Black Tea,Cinnamon (10%) ,Ginger (8%) ,Flavouring ,Star Anise (2%) ,Clove (1%) ,Cardamom (0.5%) ,Vanilla Powder (0.5%) ,Black Pepper (0.5%)

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
We are more Yorkshire tea round here as well :cuppa:

(but sadly no cake......:sad:)

I've been busy!!!!!!!

Cakes tomorrow

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Mind wipe needed.....does Vanilla Chai do that?
bottle-of-mind-bleach.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom