Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
:banghead:

Time for an uber-sized mug of tea, methinks. I'd make one for everyone but it uses most of the water in the kettle :mrpig:
Stop being so selfish and get a bigger kettle? :tongue:

Sausage butty was good, deserve it after hitting my 5200 mile target for 2013 today :angel:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
In the office drawing presentation drawings for a consultation evening next week so can't stop... it's lovely outside too... sniff.
Time for a quick :cuppa: in an hour or so, and finish off the last mince pie from last week's box!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Channel 5 are showing Christmas films today :snowball::snowball:
:eek:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
True, but I can understand why they get upset... it's a place where their back gardens look out over the site that their children grew up playing on ... so there are lots of memories.... the Council own the land but it was an old railway line in the 30s so it's not exactly green fields.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Do it tomorrow. Go out on you're bike while the sun's out.

Tricky, I'd need increasingly longer arms to do the painting as my train takes me home to the other side of the country!

Lu, I'm not amazing, no more than you. I'm just someone who's very keen to move in with the man she loves... :wub:

Having a lunch break, and a :cuppa:. PVA applied, now the undercoat to go on. It makes such a difference, going from bare plaster to even one layer of undercoat.

Also, we keep finding patches of top coat that got missed - the peril of applying a white top coat on a white undercoat. Being silk onto matt, we can only see the missed bits when the light catches them, so we're walking round the room with a brush, trying to see it from all angles. I suspect that will go on for a few days as the light changes!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
True, but I can understand why they get upset... it's a place where their back gardens look out over the site that their children grew up playing on ... so there are lots of memories.... the Council own the land but it was an old railway line in the 30s so it's not exactly green fields.

It's looking highly likely that i am about to buy a house back home near my parents as they are getting older and the house i am interested in is on a brand new development on fields that i used to play and scrump apples from when i was a child.It's in a village that i was also the postwoman for before i started my current career. Very happy memories for me but i too understand the locals objections to the site. However these new developments are a way for local people to remain in the area as like all new housing developments they have to provide a % of affordable housing.

Arch

Married to Night Train
It's looking highly likely that i am about to buy a house back home near my parents as they are getting older and the house i am interested in is on a brand new development on fields that i used to play and scrump apples from when i was a child.It's in a village that i was also the postwoman for before i started my current career. Very happy memories for me but i too understand the locals objections to the site. However these new developments are a way for local people to remain in the area as like all new housing developments they have to provide a % of affordable housing.

'Affordable housing' amuses me. The implication being (possibly rightly, given the ordeals people put themselves through to own a house) that everything else is 'unaffordable'.

Presumably, if they said 'cheap' it would put people off owning them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom