Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've got to walk round to the local Balti......Rocky Minimus ordered a take-away last night when we were away and was £5 short. So he told them I'd drop it in :eek:

Anyone else like me to run an errand for them? :laugh:
You can bring us a bar(400g) of Dairy Milk up. Cash on delivery okay? @Sara_H seems to have been sidetracked by fancy packaging

classic33

Leg End Member
For those who are interested, I am not furry, I am mostly smooth and frequently oiled.
A slippery customer then?

Sara_H

Guru
Hello all, we're back!

Lovely weekend in Whitby, but the phone signal wasn't great so I struggled to get online.

We had a lovely evening arrival on Friday, eating dinner with the rest of the non-cycling party, then managed not to repeat our mistake of last year, which was to accidentally stay up until 2am chatting. We wanted to get up early this year to meet the cycling party at the cafe. So we were in bed before midnight.

And woken at 3am. One of the cycling party was struggling (having had the lurgy earlier in the week), and we were needed to go out and rescue them. It had to be us, because the other car of the party was blocked in at the house by some idiot who'd parked on double yellows outside the gate - our car was parked up the road in the FREE car park...

So we drove back over to just the other side of Pickering, picked up the rider and trike and brought her back to Whitby. There was then time to get an hour of rest before it was time to get up and wander down to the cafe...

A full breakfast restored us all, and it was back to the house to doze the morning away. After lunch, we all went our separate ways, NT and I wandered over the river and up to the Abbey, for tea and cake in the cafe, and then back down to look in some of the Goth shops, and admire the zillions of steampunk costumes being worn. Then it was fish and chips for tea. This morning we had a big old full English breakfast, and wandered out for a bit of a scamper on the beach, before all heading home.

It was a bit blowy! But we managed to dodge the worst of the wet over the weekend.

Shattered now. Fortunately we were able to bring home a load of bits and pieces of leftover food, so dinner will be easy....

Hello Bob!

Wheres the free car park in Whitby?

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
But are we talking about this:

babyoil.jpg

or

pussers_blue_navy_rum_70cl.jpg
Please be the latter, please be the latter, please be the latter :surrender:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Wheres the free car park in Whitby?

The one at the top of the West Cliff, near the whalebones, is free 'off season' - so for the winter months. Useful, as it's within a five minute walk of the house we stay in, and the house only has space for one car in the yard.

It was a great weekend, tiring in places, but great fun, with limitless tea and food!

the_mikey

Legendary Member
In being on another of these forum things the cooking one which I forgot about cos it was not so busy I posted some stuff I just did and I thought as we are Tea? you lot might be interested in some free tea too

Free Tea Sample from Pukka Herbs

http://www.pukkaherbs.com/apukkalife/freesamples

RedBush Free Tea Samples

https://www.redbushtea.com/redbush_request_sample.aspx

Free Dilmah Tea

http://static.cricinfo.com/db/INTERACTIVE/DILMAH/SAMPLE/

Dilmah ceylon tea is awesome, makes a really pleasant brew :thumbsup:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
North Tyneside Council have agreed to '000s of new homes to be built to cope with the demand to live near the sea... so at this rate Whitley Bay's renaissance is assured! :smile:

[It's more complex than that but the coast does draw peoplel! The combination of good cycle routes [NR72, NR14, NR10 all converge at the mouth of the Tyne!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom