Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Morning all, little sleep small people did not sleep in and were up and down like yo-yo's

Upon first peer at the damage here outside of the side kitchen window I could see the wind has torn out a fence panel that has a vine thing covering it, the trunks of that vine are so thick you have to saw through them and a whole row of them have just been clean snapped off, I went out and tried to push the thing back but it needs more than me I think as it will require lifting and pushing rather than just pushing I think.

Peering out the front we are fine but I see 3 neighbours now have no fence and 1 wall is in the path...

Still very windy out there, with strong gusts, no rain at the moment.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Rain has stopped but wind has got even stronger. I can see lots of debris in the road and what looks like a shed roof wedged between 2 houses which could be fun to remove.

Radio 4 say the storm is heading towards @hopless500 and @Saluki and is gathering pace before it crosses the North Sea towards Scandinavia. Apparently it will gather even more force when it crosses the North Sea.

Puddles

Just spoke to Mr P he had an encounter with a flying 50 mph sign, he said it looked like it was doing more than 50 mph :laugh:

It is bin day here so just put the General Waste bin out, noticed we no longer have the green recycling bin... I shall have to go and look for that soon.

Maj is still refusing to go out which is just as well considering we have a large hole that leads onto the road!

Eldest small person insists he is not tired but looks like he tied one on all night and is being highly revolting, youngest is fine but I suspect she will "do a rocky" later in the day!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
The shed roof i mentioned earlier is actually a whole shed wedged between two houses, i can only see the roof. My neighbour says that the garden the shed has come from also has a big tree down in it whose branches are knocking on the back door of the house.

I have seen two neighbours walking down the road with chainsaws. The bottom of my cul de sac backs on to a country park and i am betting we have had more trees down there.

Sun is out and its blue skies with the clouds moving NE at a sharp rate of knotts.

Still no trains running.

Puddles

The shed roof i mentioned earlier is actually a whole shed wedged between two houses, i can only see the roof. My neighbour says that the garden the shed has come from also has a big tree down in it whose branches are knocking on the back door of the house.

I have seen two neighbours walking down the road with chainsaws. The bottom of my cul de sac backs on to a country park and i am betting we have had more trees down there.

Sun is out and its blue skies with the clouds moving NE at a sharp rate of knotts.

Still no trains running.

Mr P took his chainsaw in the car today in case he saw some felled trees that could be used as wood burner fuel :laugh: and because he had time on his hands as the eldest small person was up and playing with lego at 4 am

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
It has stopped raining here. Everything is very calm. It still looks rather dark, but that's all right.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
What happened with this storm then :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom