Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Last :cuppa: before bed having just let the dog out, it is officially very very very windy out there and ditto on the wet stuff too... watched at the door as one of the neighbours plastic chairs just flew over a 6 foot hedge into our garden :eek:

83mph gusts of the IOW opposite us think it might be a noisy night with the wind whistling down the chimneys!

classic33

Leg End Member
Last :cuppa: before bed having just let the dog out, it is officially very very very windy out there and ditto on the wet stuff too... watched at the door as one of the neighbours plastic chairs just flew over a 6 foot hedge into our garden :eek:

83mph gusts of the IOW opposite us think it might be a noisy night with the wind whistling down the chimneys!
So its not as bad as they were making it out it was going to be?

Mattonsea

Über Member

yep I believe its really having a good go at it . Soft Southerners, not here Puddles!!

classic33

Leg End Member
We had a neighbours Competition sized trampoline blown over our garden a few years ago & it wasn't that bad. We'd to dismantle it to get it back over, so a plastic chair flying by isn't much compared to that!!

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
We had a neighbours Competition sized trampoline blown over our garden a few years ago & it wasn't that bad. We'd to dismantle it to get it back over, so a plastic chair flying by isn't much compared to that!!

Oh its not a huge thing those chairs take off at the littlest thing, it is just a bit surreal to see one hop over the hedge bounce around a few times on the lawn and then take flight again over to the other side... Maj was not impressed

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Right it's 06:10 and i cannot lie in bed any more. I am amazed the windows have not been pushed in. Very little sleep.

Apparently the wind is getting stronger and is due to peak around 10:00 according to the Radio 4 weather forecast i have just heard which i has ti turn up to hear over the wind !

windy smiley.jpg

They say 99mph has been recorded over the needles where @Mattonsea farm is.

130 cancellations at Heathrow currently.

@avalon i see you have started a thread on emigration, i am off to read it, this weather is dreadful.

and now the lights are flickering :eek:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Not sure yet, the curtains are shut and it's still dark, no noise coming from outside apart from the first bird twitters....

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good morning everyone. No wind here at all thank god, but it is tipping it down and has been all night. There has probably been local flooding. Today is supposed to be the worst day here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom