Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Night, we still have beer left, and are yet to start the rum. There may be an unexplained kebab in the morning.

Adam Hills really was excellent, do see him if you can.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thunder, Lightening, roads flooded, drains overflowing .................. otherwise know as a bit of rain up here :rain:
I walked to the shops just after tonight's thunderstorm and discovered a flood building up in a dip in the road just in front of the new town hall building. I did my good citizen bit and waded out to a drain which was blocked with leaves, and declagged it. The flood water drained away in about 30 seconds.

I then crossed the bridge over Hebden Water and found a second mini-flood affecting some shops in the pedestrianised square. A woman was standing in the open door of one shop, moaning to somebody by phone about the water. I shouted to her to clear the drain just in front of her shop but she ignored me and just carried on moaning. Blowed if I would do it for her if she couldn't be bothered to get her feet wet, so I walked around the water and left her to it ... :wacko:

avalon

Guru
I walked to the shops just after tonight's thunderstorm and discovered a flood building up in a dip in the road just in front of the new town hall building. I did my good citizen bit and waded out to a drain which was blocked with leaves, and declagged it. The flood water drained away in about 30 seconds.

I then crossed the bridge over Hebden Water and found a second mini-flood affecting some shops in the pedestrianised square. A woman was standing in the open door of one shop, moaning to somebody by phone about the water. I shouted to her to clear the drain just in front of her shop but she ignored me and just carried on moaning. Blowed if I would do it for her if she couldn't be bothered to get her feet wet, so I walked around the water and left her to it ... :wacko:
"It's not my job". That's the attitude of so many people today, even though the consequence of their inaction will have an impact on themselves.

classic33

Leg End Member
A mere beginner - I'm on my 4th pint of tea...
I can go an odd colour if I don't drink enough tea!!
Hand is on a black background by the way.

CAM00053.jpg

avalon

Guru
Only after they were mentioned on here.

TVC

Much like the UK. The majority of car drivers are considerate but there are plenty who hate cyclists and think they should be licensed, kept off main roads etc. Helmets are compulsory, even on cycle paths with no motorised traffic and the police are keen to enforce the wearing of them.
Hi Avalon. Spent a couple of hours in the company of your Adam Hills this evening. I will let you off for Rolf Harris if we can keep Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom