Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
I am fine thank you TVC. I won a small box of ever so lovely chocs in a raffle today, so they are considerably helping with my recovery. ^_^

I like composting. The worms do all the work along with earwigs, and spiders, and other creepily crawlers. I just put the garden rubbish, shredded paper, and torn up cardboard in there, and after a fair amount of stirring, compost is available at the bottom of the heap.

Never thought to put shredded paper in the compost bin, I bag it and put it into recycling for the bin men on Tuesday

Arch

Married to Night Train
Never thought to put shredded paper in the compost bin, I bag it and put it into recycling for the bin men on Tuesday

Shredded paper and torn up cardboard are good for introducing 'brown' to your compost, to counteract too much 'green' - like if you need to add a lot of grass cuttings, you can mix paper and torn up card in to help balance and aerate it.

Speicher

Vice Admiral

I was reliably informed that shredded paper is too small to be processed by an automated recycling process. The small bits just fall through the grid/conveyor belt. So I put it in the compost, as suggested by the County Council for this area.

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
You don't think I went a bit heavy on the German electronica then?
In other news, I have finally succumbed.
I have ordered a turbotrainer :bicycle:
I shall be setting up a bike on a mat in the spare room with a fan and some music.
It costs less than a months gym membership, and I'm far more likely to go to the spare room than the gym.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
@TheDoctor

Just the one fan? I thought you had lots of fans. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom