Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sings..... Lightweight.....

We're off to a club for boogying and Jaegerbombs
:blink:

Mattonsea

Über Member
That's why they're making such a fuss about it.

Up here, it's grey but calm. We'll press on with some painting I think. Later, we'll head out for some supplies, hardboard sheets for the floor (to go under the underlay) and other bits and pieces.

Just finishing a :cuppa:
what's being constructed?

Arch

Married to Night Train
what's being constructed?

Our bedroom and en suite bathroom...

NT has a big old Victorian house, his parents live on the ground floor in a granny flat, and the rest has been more or less a building site for some time (it's a house that's been flats, and then not flats, and then flats etc, so some rooms are having a bit of an identity crisis), with NT living in one room, the kitchen, as a sort of bedsit. We resolved last New Year to have the bedroom and bathroom finished by the end of this year - I can't really move in until we have a bit more space.

We've partitioned off the en suite and plumbed it and I tiled the shower cubicle. Some of the bedroom was already plastered, but we've done the rest, with help from a friend. The floor boards aren't good enough to have on show, so we're boarding over them and then having carpet fitted. The carpet is bought, and being stored by Carpet Right until we've got the floor ready, the skirting in, and the walls painted. Once the carpet is fitted, then it's pretty much done in the bedroom, bar the furnishing. Then the loft bed in the kitchen can be dismantled, and it can become a proper kitchen diner/living room again. We've also got to finish off in the bathroom, which is all plastered now, just needs painting, cabinets fitting, splashbacks tiling, and basin and toilet plumbing in. I've learned a few new trades, and it seems my strengths lie in putting gloop of any sort on walls - plaster, tile adhesive, paint....

All of this complicated by the fact that it's an attic room and a gable end, in a Victorian house which has had extra beams inserted in the past, so it feels like there isn't a proper right angle in the whole room....

However, I'm loving every minute. Except sanding plaster, I hated that. But it's all steps closer to being together full time.

Mattonsea

Über Member
Our bedroom and en suite bathroom...

NT has a big old Victorian house, his parents live on the ground floor in a granny flat, and the rest has been more or less a building site for some time (it's a house that's been flats, and then not flats, and then flats etc, so some rooms are having a bit of an identity crisis), with NT living in one room, the kitchen, as a sort of bedsit. We resolved last New Year to have the bedroom and bathroom finished by the end of this year - I can't really move in until we have a bit more space.

We've partitioned off the en suite and plumbed it and I tiled the shower cubicle. Some of the bedroom was already plastered, but we've done the rest, with help from a friend. The floor boards aren't good enough to have on show, so we're boarding over them and then having carpet fitted. The carpet is bought, and being stored by Carpet Right until we've got the floor ready, the skirting in, and the walls painted. Once the carpet is fitted, then it's pretty much done in the bedroom, bar the furnishing. Then the loft bed in the kitchen can be dismantled, and it can become a proper kitchen diner/living room again. We've also got to finish off in the bathroom, which is all plastered now, just needs painting, cabinets fitting, splashbacks tiling, and basin and toilet plumbing in. I've learned a few new trades, and it seems my strengths lie in putting gloop of any sort on walls - plaster, tile adhesive, paint....

All of this complicated by the fact that it's an attic room and a gable end, in a Victorian house which has had extra beams inserted in the past, so it feels like there isn't a proper right angle in the whole room....

However, I'm loving every minute. Except sanding plaster, I hated that. But it's all steps closer to being together full time.
Are you on course for the end of the year?

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Decided to ride to work this morning, maybe I should have checked the forecast :rain:

Brought my sunglasses just in case of a drastic improvement :whistle:

Did you take one of these :giggle:

canoe-accessories.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom