Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
@Arch, you mean something like these?
11-19-10 HRRC Plan.JPG
track-plans-n-scale.jpg

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
they still being a pain , South west trains?
Yep! and so is Bertha until Wednesday or Thursday next week can't remember what day when the maintenance man comes and services her tempermental gears and teaches Squidge all about maintenance,

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
NT and I just went up to look at the bits and pieces he's done on the bedroom, and we got to looking at the wall that will be opposite the foot of the bed. I felt that it will need some interest rather than just being white, something to look at as we sit in bed with a cuppa on a weekend. It's a chimney breast, with alcoves either side:

View attachment 31427

There will be radiators in the alcoves, with shelves above for stereo speakers, and books or stuff. But the chimney breast would be a bit bare.

We ruminated on a fake fireplace, or a painting of some sort, a long thin landscape perhaps. Or maybe a shelf to echo the lower wall/ceiling line from the alcove. What would one put on such a shelf. Books, perhaps, or nick nacks.

Or an N scale railway....

So.that's that planned then! There will be upper shelves in the alcoves, to house stations and shunting yards, and then it'll run across the chimney breast on top of a viaduct, the central arch of which will sort of suggest a fireplace anyway. The backscene will have sky fading to white, so that it blends with the sloping ceiling above.

Now, we have to get on with the painting and stuff, and not get sidetracked planning the railway!

Wow! So jealous! Will you be thinking of extending it all round the house Wallace & Gromit style? That would be great NT could make you tea and send it up to you in bed via the train :laugh:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Wow! So jealous! Will you be thinking of extending it all round the house Wallace & Gromit style? That would be great NT could make you tea and send it up to you in bed via the train :laugh:

No. I think we'll keep this one simple against the wall. We have other plans for other railways, but they will all take longer to sort out, as they'll involve sorting out bits of loft. Although we've often joked about that sort of thing!

Can even be controlled using a laptop or some "smartphones".

We've discussed making it digital, then we can do all sorts of stuff including sound. I like the idea of having it timed to start up when the alarm goes off...

classic33

Leg End Member
No. I think we'll keep this one simple against the wall. We have other plans for other railways, but they will all take longer to sort out, as they'll involve sorting out bits of loft. Although we've often joked about that sort of thing!

Can even be controlled using a laptop or some "smartphones".

We've discussed making it digital, then we can do all sorts of stuff including sound. I like the idea of having it timed to start up when the alarm goes off...
Chimney could be a long tunnel? If you do go down the digital sound route think of what the whistle would sound like!

Kies

Just finished a cuppa and time for bed. Have to be up at 23:00 as i'm working from 01:00 saturday (having done a full days work) :eek

Speicher

Vice Admiral

I think you could re-enact the three steam train departure from a station in the Harz Mountains. Have the main station on the chimney breast and the trains go off in different directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom