Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some on their are not beginners but stay because its a really good thread. It's like "your ride today" anything from 2 miles to 200 another great thread with some beautiful photos. Now @welsh dragon you must get your camera out on your rides as you have some spectacular landscapes.
It is a good thread. People do scarily impressive rides on there.....which does make me go :eek:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
:laugh:

No thats me after all the cake I have eaten this week.

I am trying to wean myself off in preparation for my return so I'm now eating my weight in ice cream as its lighter:laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Okay. I have just taken a picture from my front door. I will take pictures when I am out next.

Attachments

• 20131025_135415.jpg
    20131025_135415.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 31

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
W
I don't know whether to post in beginners or not, this my first year commuting to work by bike, so probably still a beginner, I am impressed with how well I have done though :shy: (considering how inactive I was before and that I would never have got up at 05:00am before, my mother was very surprised at that :laugh: ).

I have done 6836 miles in 562 hrs on my heavy old Carrera Crossfire 3 hybrid bike so far since Jan 2nd. :dance:

My best month was Jun with 872 miles in 66hrs, I am hoping to break that this month as long as the wind doesn't get too bad

55mph winds forecasted for Monday :sad: :banghead:

I am up to commuting 200miles a week (Mon-Thu, through London, I only live 4 miles from work :laugh: :crazy: ).
I only average about 12-14mph, I want to get a nice cyclocross bike to replace the hybrid, most likely in the new year.
Once this month has been and gone and I beat my 900 mile target I suspect I will lower that mileage to 100 miles a week on the commute, we shall see.

:bicycle:

Plenty of :cuppa: and cake needed, please!

Here's to 10k next year :cheers: :wacko:

View attachment 31414
Well done @Frood42 that is something to be proud of:thumbsup:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
It is so very hot here I have retreated into the lovely and breezy lobby, its bliss.

Beautiful photo WD reminds me a bit of Tuscany. Do you live near Port Merrion , that's where they filmed the prisoner isn't it?

Yeah I know what you mean it is so hot here I am inside just to get out of the heat :sweat:

This post may contain traces of a lie.

potsy

Rambler
Pat is a girl :eek:, whatever next
I think you'll find Pat is a lady :angel:

welsh dragon

I live about 30 miles away. There is supposed to be a very nice cycle ride from dolgellau to barmouth along a disused railway track. Port merrion is in that same area. Maybe next spring summer I'll take a day trip there on my bike.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I live about 30 miles away. There is supposed to be a very nice cycle ride from dolgellau to barmouth along a disused railway track. Port merrion is in that same area. Maybe next spring summer I'll take a day trip there on my bike.
There is - I've ridden it!

You cross over the estuary on the wooden railway bridge to Barmouth. If you check your OS maps, you should be able to spot some bridleways on the Barmouth side to get you back towards Dolgellau. It is 9 years since I did that loop and I can't remember how gnarly the bridleways were, but you could always go back the way you rode out.

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
Sure I've seen that on the TV in the dim and distant - someone doing a program about walks along closed railway lines. A few moments of frantic Googling sheds no light, however...

welsh dragon

Mr dragon and his family spent most of they're holidays at taly bont about 6 miles from barmouth. He said that in all that time, they had never been able to find that bloody place as he called, it. The place where thr prisoner was made that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom