Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
@Arch

Are they any Scrapstores near Manchester. I know there is one in Oldham.

There is at least one. There was one in Salford, which would have been very convenient, but I'm not sure if it's still open.

I do my little bit, on the recycling round. Apart from bringing home jam jars for my jam, and odds and ends that I take a fancy to (I've got another one of those nice wooden wine crates), I gather any coloured card or paper that seems useful for the craft and natter group who meet at St Nicks. I find file dividers and cardboard folders are good stock material. And some of the fancy paper carrier bags given out by clothes shops are nice paper - Crabtree and Evelyn have flowers and butterflies printed all over the inside of their bags. And the ribbon handles can be used for stuff too!

I picked up some nectarines cheap on Saturday at Morrisons, and I'm going to make jam this afternoon, and, if the crab apples are still ok, some experimental crab apple and ginger jelly. Just need to nip out for a few essentials first.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Could it be roller blind fabric?

Sounds like my idea of heaven. I've never been to a Scrapstore. I'd love it if we had one in York, I'd want to run it! We've talked about it at work, but things are too uncertain just now. And I'll be leaving in the summer anyway...

In other news, I passed a new shop on the way up from the station today, a cupcake shop. NT's mum had brought some cupcakes for us to have for his birthday, but I was just leaving, and it would have been awkward to carry one, so I left them with him. So I thought, oooh, I could treat a myself to a cupcake.

Then I saw the price.

£2.flipping 35. For ONE cupcake.

I think not. I'm heading out for groceries shortly, maybe I'll treat myself to something reasonable!

Some of the price of cupcakes at the moment are ridiculous I think it is because they are "fashionable" like muffins were for a while..

I only go to the scrapstore about once every 3 months if I went more often I would not be able to resist all the lovely stuff, you would love it Arch they have so much, there is one lady that is mostly there when I go and she always asks what are my plans for stuff this time, last time she was intrigued by me searching for the right size wooden beads I needed for these http://twigandtoadstool.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/leaf-spirits.html
& http://twigandtoadstool.blogspot.ca/2012/05/flower-spirits-for-springtime.html

This time she asked what my beads were for and was delighted to hear they were to be feet for fir cone elves :laugh:
1174717_681471578538382_1065040204_n.jpg

Southampton one is not huge @Speicher and mostly the fabric seems to be used cushion covers and sheets and duvets, they get a lot of stuff from Ikea off of zip off sofa type things!

I am hoping to use some of the red & green pin cord for these
2-christmas-inspired-by-scandinavia.jpg

and these
998744_662660773752796_812153174_n.jpg

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
The one in Worcester has some vacancies for paid employees. Unfortunately it is a tad too far for @Arch or @Puddles to commute. :sad:

Eww work stuff I avoid it where possible like the plague :laugh: although I still have a few clients I cannot rid myself of :sad:

Well the loft now does not resemble something that wild monkeys have rampaged through, Mr P has been suitably chastised, I found Squidge's pre-school folders from the good pre-school he went to so I can ensure User76 gets the same education before school school as " we focus on play here" was the answer to my enquiries about when will they start with numbers and writing and stuff so looks like that will be me then! I found lots of interesting things in the camping gear and also some lovely spotty fabric and heavy tartan from many moons ago....

Arch

Married to Night Train
Some of the price of cupcakes at the moment are ridiculous I think it is because they are "fashionable" like muffins were for a while..

I only go to the scrapstore about once every 3 months if I went more often I would not be able to resist all the lovely stuff, you would love it Arch they have so much, there is one lady that is mostly there when I go and she always asks what are my plans for stuff this time, last time she was intrigued by me searching for the right size wooden beads I needed for these http://twigandtoadstool.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/leaf-spirits.html
& http://twigandtoadstool.blogspot.ca/2012/05/flower-spirits-for-springtime.html

This time she asked what my beads were for and was delighted to hear they were to be feet for fir cone elves :laugh: View attachment 31167

Southampton one is not huge @Speicher and mostly the fabric seems to be used cushion covers and sheets and duvets, they get a lot of stuff from Ikea off of zip off sofa type things!

I am hoping to use some of the red & green pin cord for these View attachment 31168

and these View attachment 31169

Ooh! I might steal those tree decorations for my craft ladies!

And the stockings... Mum made stockings for my sister and I when I was about 8 or 9. Every year, until we eventually left home (21 years later in my case!) there they were, pinned to the end of the bed, filled with, well, stocking fillers. They each had a little patch pocket on the front, and it always held a teeny tiny present.

Nephew Oli now has one of his own, and I think Max will too.

I have a dream that when I'm ready to move over, one of the Manchester scrapstores has a vacancy! Although how I'd resist bringing it all home I don't know. My workroom at NT's house is already filling with umbrellas, paper and card, and random objects....

Just simmering some apple and ginger for my experimental jelly, while the nectarine and sugar marinades.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:blush: Yes, Arch, you should see my "spare" bedroom and how much fabric is in it. :eek:

In my defence, it is fairly well organised with large pieces of fabric in one area, and smaller pieces are put together by colour.
I have got a rocking chair that needs refurbishing, and a piano stool, and a cover to make for a large wooden chest. So some will get used. I also make cushion covers.

There is also lots of dressmaking fabric, again it is organised, so I can see what it there.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh, and I found two chocolate eclairs in Sainsburys, reduced to 94p for the two. One for tonight, to celebrate NT's birthday, and one for tomorrow to celebrate... Um.. well, anything really! Probably because I'll be watching the Great British Bake Off, and will have cake craving.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yeah, I thought the Salford one must have closed.

Who knows, maybe one day they'll find a way to restart it!

Right, lets see if my apples are mushy enough yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom