Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Morning Everyone , Blowing a Hooley on the coast , hatches have been batered:cuppa:
It is rather isn't it , now it is not so dark

I am off to Southampton Scrapstore today except I cannot find my membership card so I shall have to fess up and hope they do replacements which I am sure they do and the man on the door must remember me I nearly peed my pants with excitement the first time I went.

I have lists of stuff needed so I shall see what they have as it is really pot luck and sometimes you find really exciting things there for giving a new life too. Mostly I need to pick up stuffing and some thread and beads, they might have some wool and no doubt they will have pretty paper donations from Lush and more card as we just used the last of the big pieces of card on the homework and at £1 for a re-useable supermarket bag sized bag of whatever you put in it I can keep small people & me in crafty doings really cheaply!

Last edited:

Mattonsea

Über Member
It is rather isn't it , now it is not so dark

I am off to Southampton Scrapstore today except I cannot find my membership card so I shall have to fess up and hope they do replacements which I am sure they do and the man on the door must remember me I nearly peed my pants with excitement the first time I went.

I have lists of stuff needed so I shall see what they have as it is really pot luck and sometimes you find really exciting things there for giving a new life too. Mostly I need to pick up stuffing and some thread and beads, they might have some wool and no doubt they will have pretty paper donations from Lush and more card as we just used the last of the big pieces of card on the homework and at £1 for a re-useable supermarket bag sized bag of whatever you put in it I can keep small people & me in crafty doings really cheaply!
Scrapstore, I was going to ask you to look out for a Land Rover o/s door but then I engaged brain! Good luck hunting

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Scrapstore, I was going to ask you to look out for a Land Rover o/s door but then I engaged brain! Good luck hunting

:laugh: They might have one of them you never know! They usually have lots of seat belt material and once they had wing mirrors!

I think what I like most about it is children are not allowed in as it is a warehouse type arrangement and I can spend ages wandering around it without hearing "Mummy" once :biggrin:

Mattonsea

Über Member
:laugh: They might have one of them you never know! They usually have lots of seat belt material and once they had wing mirrors!

I think what I like most about it is children are not allowed in as it is a warehouse type arrangement and I can spend ages wandering around it without hearing "Mummy" once :biggrin:
You will think you have gone deaf!!. All the sprogs have left for school , asking "do I need a coat" hhmmmmm. Talking of quiet .Hill Wimp !!

@Arch I have a knitting query are bamboo needles all right or would I need those metal ones? I have searched and searched all the charity shops for needles and can find none but I have found a set of bamboo ones on e-bay they are

Are these just the sort of same as metal ones?
I know you were asking Arch, but I use both types. Wasn't sure about bamboo when they first appeared, but they're actually nice to use :thumbsup:

Evening down here. I was just wondering if anyone had heard from Crankarm since his accident.
No, I was wondering if he was ok too.

I'm still alive :smile:
Been nursing a slightly dodgy left hamstring for the last couple of months, and yesterday at 75 miles it decided to protest rather more than normal. So by the time I went to bed I couldn't bend my knee - made for interesting getting upstairs manoeuvres. And it kept on waking me up :cry:

The weather was horrible in the morning, nice in the middle (apart from the crazy headwind - one of those where you have to pedal as hard as you can downhill and still barely move) and absolutely foul the last hour or so.....However I finished 15 or so minutes earlier than I expected so that was good. Mr Hop had planned on finishing and coming back for me (he was in a group of 'proper' bike riders). He was a bit gobsmacked to find me only two and a half miles from the finish :tongue:

Never seen so many bikes go down with punctures. There were casualties strewn everywhere. My gatorskins held up nicely :thumbsup: although Mr Hop had one of his gatorskins puncture. Bloody Norfolk flint shards.

Anyhoo, this morning, apart from the hamstring issue, all is well. All other muscles and bits n pieces fine and dandy and non-hurty :thumbsup:
I realised at the start yesterday, that everyone was on proper bikes, and I was on what was considered to be a BSO. Although I took the Marin deliberately as that is the bike I'll be touring on in about 11 weeks time. I doubt I'd have been much faster on the Giant tbh.

Today I shall be mostly doing bugger all except starting a new jigsaw and stuffing my face ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom