Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
:cuppa: anyone? New pot on the go.
Oh, go on then!

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I realised at the start yesterday, that everyone was on proper bikes, and I was on what was considered to be a BSO.

Whats a BSO? and well done you glad you are not too ouchy today!

I am back from the Scrapstore I have loads of stuff, a big bag of stuffing, and beads and card and sticky paper and felt and ribbon and some black plastic pot things (ideal for small peoples crayons & pencils etc) two square tins with jungle animals on them (they had lots of those) some un-used empty perfume bottles which i hope I can scrape the printing off, a large mess of string, some shiney foily paper with cut out things on , a big huge swatch of red pin cord and the same in a nice green, some dark green fabric that is quite stiff not sure what it is, some bits of mounting card (the bit that they take out the middle when they do a frame), some glass baubles (gorgeous proper glass ones) some glittery snowflakes which will be ideal to add to "in a jar" gifts, lots of un-used empty cream cartons ideal for plant in a bag gifts, oh and some new cardboard boxes that are ideal size for DIY little hampers and probably lots of other stuff I have forgotten as I am having :cuppa: before I un-pack and sort it all into the craft drawers :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
OK, I'm being a very brave boy. My rescheduled visit to the dentist is this afternoon. I'm wondering whether to drink a few tots of rum beforehand (like they did in the old war films prior to leg amputation).

Eat lots and lots in case you cannot afterwards and have to wait to eat whilst being starving... infact to be on the safe side eat before you leave and then nibble double chocolate chip cookies in the waiting room ^_^

Whats a BSO? and well done you glad you are not too ouchy today!

I am back from the Scrapstore I have loads of stuff, a big bag of stuffing, and beads and card and sticky paper and felt and ribbon and some black plastic pot things (ideal for small peoples crayons & pencils etc) two square tins with jungle animals on them (they had lots of those) some un-used empty perfume bottles which i hope I can scrape the printing off, a large mess of string, some shiney foily paper with cut out things on , a big huge swatch of red pin cord and the same in a nice green, some dark green fabric that is quite stiff not sure what it is, some bits of mounting card (the bit that they take out the middle when they do a frame), some glass baubles (gorgeous proper glass ones) some glittery snowflakes which will be ideal to add to "in a jar" gifts, lots of un-used empty cream cartons ideal for plant in a bag gifts, oh and some new cardboard boxes that are ideal size for DIY little hampers and probably lots of other stuff I have forgotten as I am having :cuppa: before I un-pack and sort it all into the craft drawers :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Bike Shaped Object.....:tongue:

Right. About to open a diet coke and go and unwrap my new jigsaw :smile:.
Exciting :laugh:

Arch

Married to Night Train
some dark green fabric that is quite stiff not sure what it is

Could it be roller blind fabric?

Sounds like my idea of heaven. I've never been to a Scrapstore. I'd love it if we had one in York, I'd want to run it! We've talked about it at work, but things are too uncertain just now. And I'll be leaving in the summer anyway...

In other news, I passed a new shop on the way up from the station today, a cupcake shop. NT's mum had brought some cupcakes for us to have for his birthday, but I was just leaving, and it would have been awkward to carry one, so I left them with him. So I thought, oooh, I could treat a myself to a cupcake.

Then I saw the price.

£2.flipping 35. For ONE cupcake.

I think not. I'm heading out for groceries shortly, maybe I'll treat myself to something reasonable!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
@Puddles

There is a Scrapstore in Worcester, which is excellent. I think they might be larger than the one in Southampton. They have about seven paid staff, including three part-time peeps. My downfall is that they sell lots of fabric. :hyper:

I have been involved in catalogueing all their (seven hundred or so) books in their Library. It would, of course, been rude to be there as a Volunteer and not have a very good peer at the lovely fabrics, some of which were discontinued stock from Netx.
They have recently been refurbished, and I should go and have a look at their New Look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom