Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Believe this or not, I have been reliably informed (by the Manager of the local Blue Cross charity shop) that Charity shops cannot sell knitting needles, unless they are in the original packet. :scratch: Apparently this is a Healthy and safety issue. :huh:
Classified as offensive weapons.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
My local charity shop sell's sackfuls of them! They're putting us all in danger.

I expect it may depend on the Manager's interpretation of the Health and Safety aspect. I can see it would be a good idea for them to be on display out of reach of the inquisitive fingers of small people.

Arch

Married to Night Train
@Arch I have a knitting query are bamboo needles all right or would I need those metal ones? I have searched and searched all the charity shops for needles and can find none but I have found a set of bamboo ones on e-bay they are

Are these just the sort of same as metal ones?

Bamboo needles are fine. Personally, I prefer metal myself, but bamboo will do,

For the pattern I'm sending you, ideally you'll need two pairs - one pair of 3.25mm and one pair of 4mm. If you do more knitting, these will be most useful anyway, as they are the standard sizes used with doubleknitting thickness yarn, the most common sort.

I'm surprised you can't find them in charity shops, I'm sure I've had them from there before. Carboot sales are also often a good place to find some.

We're having a beer. Well earned, I think.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh, and its possible I'll have access to an Oreo cookie during the week but not certain. If I do, I'll measure it.

You could always have a sneaky measure of a packet in the shop....

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Oh, and its possible I'll have access to an Oreo cookie during the week but not certain. If I do, I'll measure it.

You could always have a sneaky measure of a packet in the shop....
Oh do they come in packets? The tutorial I found them on showed them in a box

elffeetsupplies.jpg

If they come in packets I shall attempt to find some next time I am near a shop what sells them.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:scratch:Could you make the shoes, and then measure the inside diameter? If you tied them loosely, you would then be able to untie them, and store them flat* awaiting the baking of biskits.

* Storing them flatly would avoid a small person and fragile cardboard shoe interface, thus ensuing the above-mentioned shoes are shoe-shaped and not pancake shaped.

classic33

Leg End Member

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Nabisco's classic Oreo cookies measure in at approximately 1.75 inches in diameter and 0.314 inches thick. Other varieties, such as Double Stuf Oreos and Mini Oreos, have different dimensions.
http://www.funis2cool.com/unusual/large-scale-oreo-cookie.html
http://www.oreo.com/recipes/
http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/entertainme...ies-are-just-as-addictive-as-cocaine-morphine

@Arch http://www.iknit.org.uk/2008/02/campaign-for-real-knitting.html

Marvellous fankoo, looks like the perfect size for shortbread rounds as well, although gingerbread stores better. I might have a practice tomorrow with some that would be "Witches Boots" for the nice receptionist at school what did give Squidge a small pumpkin and also locate missing ninja bunny and one of the two missing jumpers

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh do they come in packets? The tutorial I found them on showed them in a box

elffeetsupplies.jpg

If they come in packets I shall attempt to find some next time I am near a shop what sells them.

I think they do...

One of my workmates has a wife who works in a cafe, and sometimes she brings home leftover cake, and he brings some to work. One of the regular cakes is decorated with Oreos. So if he brings any of that in, I can measure it for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom