Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
I tend to stick to the other side of the Pennines, much to @potsy disgust:ph34r:
Not so much disgust as sheer terror :tongue:

Morning bumpkins and old folk, hope there's some tea left in the pot :cuppa:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes but my ride was done last month not last decade colin ;):giggle:
A good point, well made! :thumbsup:

I was fit for the Coventry and Dales rides so they were reasonably comfortable, but I suffered badly on the Pain in the Pennines sportive - they had packed so many tough hills into it that I struggled after the first half. (I am on the Tablet so I can't check at the moment, but that profile may or may not include riding to and from event HQ.)

I can say for sure that I will not be undertaking rides as hard as those again unless/until I have made a very full recovery from my health problems *and* have done some serious training beforehand!

As for the Tour de France next year ... I will have to think about stage 1 - I might cycle out towards Phil's bit of Yorkshire to watch the peloton pass. Stage 2 passes within 400 metres of my house so I will make sure that I am out and about with cameras for that. I will have one camera shooting video, and a couple more for stills.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
A good point, well made! :thumbsup:

I was fit for the Coventry and Dales rides so they were reasonably comfortable, but I suffered badly on the Pain in the Pennines sportive - they had packed so many tough hills into it that I struggled after the first half. (I am on the Tablet so I can't check at the moment, but that profile may or may not include riding to and from event HQ.)

I can say for sure that I will not be undertaking rides as hard as those again unless/until I have made a very full recovery from my health problems *and* have done some serious training beforehand!

As for the Tour de France next year ... I will have to think about stage 1 - I might cycle out towards Phil's bit of Yorkshire to watch the peloton pass. Stage 2 passes within 400 metres of my house so I will make sure that I am out and about with cameras for that. I will have one camera shooting video, and a couple more for stills.

I am not sure what to do for the TDF I did have it in mind to ride over to Leeds on the first day and watch then set off then see them arrive in Harrogate at the end of the day, then on day 2 ride over the other side of Knarsborough and see them pass then I suppose I could ride over to HB and see them pass through (assuming there is enought time) as I guess it will still be light quite late so should have enough time to cycle the 45 miles back home before it gets dark.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The potential problem with going to watch big races is traffic jams and road closures. You would have to work out a quiet route taking you close to where you wanted to get to, and make sure you got there at least an hour before the peloton.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I am not sure what to do for the TDF I did have it in mind to ride over to Leeds on the first day and watch then set off then see them arrive in Harrogate at the end of the day, then on day 2 ride over the other side of Knarsborough and see them pass then I suppose I could ride over to HB and see them pass through (assuming there is enought time) as I guess it will still be light quite late so should have enough time to cycle the 45 miles back home before it gets dark.

I can have ITV 4 on the TV and you and Colin providing spectator commentary from Hebden Bridge :thumbsup:

Are they doing any of those ridiculous hills that you mentioned in Lisas HB thread ?

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
The potential problem with going to watch big races is traffic jams and road closures. You would have to work out a quiet route taking you close to where you wanted to get to, and make sure you got there at least an hour before the peloton.

Twice when it has come past the end of my road the roads around were closed from 8am on the day and they were unrelenting to my neighbour who was late home from a night shift and had to park 1 mile away and walk home.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Twice when it has come past the end of my road the roads around were closed from 8am on the day and they were unrelenting to my neighbour who was late home from a night shift and had to park 1 mile away and walk home.

What I find when they close roads for bike races is that although you cant get through in a car you can get through on a bike which I why I will be using my bike for the whole weekend the TDF is on :thumbsup:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Well 6 mile ride completed in the :sun:, Bertha is in a very good mood today, she positively purred as we sailed along, I think she prefers it when she is exercised with other bikes.

User76 dropped at pre-school, blu-tack purchased at poke office, one jumper returned at school ^_^, lunch box retrieved at school :smile:, Ninja Rabbit Bag & cutlery lost at school :sad:, the receptionist bestowed upon Squidge a tiny pumpkin
scary-halloween-pumpkin-happy-jumping.gif
and we are in partial receipt of Phase 5 words we need to learn.

Currently listening to Squidge read his book, called "Watch Out William" - it is a very boring yawny book.

Blimey i have missed it all whilst i have been out gossiping and eating cake

I suppose we had better fill some buckets up before TVC and Lu drain the national reservoirs for their bath as i am sure they will not want to get out and keep topping it up.

Can i just add that it is 29 degrees in Tunisia and it will be 30 all next week :hyper:
Until the typhoon hits :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom