Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
And i was prepared to be impressed :rolleyes:
:thanks:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Is it worth getting curtains dry-cleaned? I need to replace the hooks on the curtains in one room. So while I have got the curtains down, I thought I might wash them. The curtains are about fifteen years old, and a bit faded in places, but still in reasonable condition. What does the panel think?

Should I just put them in the washing machine on a delicates wash at very low temperature? I have no idea how much dry-cleaning costs, but am guessing it would be at least £10, possibly considerably more. If I wash them myself does this save undoing all the cords in the tapes etc?

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Oooh @Hill Wimp I spoke to one of the school Mummys what did the New Forest thing you did, I was informed thus

That yes it was cold and she had done lots so ner, but liked the no men thing as they are normally all grunty and competitive and that other "school mummy serious cyclists" had done it too "you know the ones that do not have "L" plates on their trailers and have proper bikes" I resisted the urge in my sleep deprived state to say "F you and the horse you rode in on then you stuck up bleep bleep" mainly cos I was in school and also cos I take downhills faster than one of those "serious cyclists" so ner :angry:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Is it worth getting curtains dry-cleaned? I need to replace the hooks on the curtains in one room. So while I have got the curtains down, I thought I might wash them. The curtains are about fifteen years old, and a bit faded in places, but still in reasonable condition. What does the panel think?

Should I just put them in the washing machine on a delicates wash at very low temperature? I have no idea how much dry-cleaning costs, but am guessing it would be at least £10, possibly considerably more. If I wash them myself does this save undoing all the cords in the tapes etc?

What are they made of, cos curtains are like eeeeeeeeeek £'s to dry clean, I did that with the cloak my Mummy bestowed on me took a chance as the dry cleaners wanted £35 to clean it, came out of the washing machine fine.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Oooh @Hill Wimp I spoke to one of the school Mummys what did the New Forest thing you did, I was informed thus

That yes it was cold and she had done lots so ner, but liked the no men thing as they are normally all grunty and competitive and that other "school mummy serious cyclists" had done it too "you know the ones that do not have "L" plates on their trailers and have proper bikes" I resisted the urge in my sleep deprived state to say "F you and the horse you rode in on then you stuck up bleep bleep" mainly cos I was in school and also cos I take downhills faster than one of those "serious cyclists" so ner :angry:

I have just had to bite my tongue on the thread you just posted on. There are a couple of nobbers on there that are just going round and round in circles without actually getting to the point of the debate. I wanted to tell him to answer your question rather than be rude.

So is that a yes for next years NF cycletta then ?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
They are a sort of cotton sateen fabric, not velvet or silk or anything posh. They have an integral lining though. If the lining shrinks at a different rate to the main fabric, I could just unpick the sides and restitch it gently I suppose. If they shrink lengthways, that is not a problem.

potsy

Rambler
I have just had to bite my tongue on the thread you just posted on. There are a couple of nobbers on there
:hello:

You'll find the same nobbers pop up on lots of threads, best just to smile and wave ^_^

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
What are they made of, cos curtains are like eeeeeeeeeek £'s to dry clean, I did that with the cloak my Mummy bestowed on me took a chance as the dry cleaners wanted £35 to clean it, came out of the washing machine fine.

I used to dry clean my curtains, i have Roman blinds, now but shopped around for the best price as it can be expensive as Puddles said.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have just had to bite my tongue on the thread you just posted on. There are a couple of nobbers on there that are just going round and round in circles without actually getting to the point of the debate. I wanted to tell him to answer your question rather than be rude.

So is that a yes for next years NF cycletta then ?
Which one, then we invade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom