Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
How is grumpy madam, has she forgiven you yet?

Those 2 were cosying it up on the sofa so I would say yes :laugh:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
One of the reasons that it unlikely that I would ever move again, is that the neighbours are so quiet and friendly. There is a plumber (retired) next door, a builder (with his own business) opposite, a heating engineer, a reflexologist (and various other therapies) two doors down. Also a man who owns the local lbs is at the end of the street. We do not pop in and out of each other's houses, but people are pleased to help if it is needed.

It is also a lovely quiet market town, amazingly out of about at least eighty shops in town, only one (extremely large one) has been empty for a long time. At any one time, there might be two smaller shops which are empty, but they soon get refitted, and open again. Luckily most of the shops are small, independent ones. We still have a Library, a Leisure Centre and a small cinema/theatre.

However, you have to get used to lots of shops shutting at 4.30pm and some are closed all day on Thursday, and very few open on Sunday, just the mini Tesco and the shop that sells all sorts of household stuff.

Have I persuaded you to come and live here yet? ^_^

Arch

Married to Night Train
We decided after all the stuff we did yesterday, today would be an easy day.

We're exhausted now! We went out for brunch (Egg, bacon, black pudding, bubble and squeak.) then NT did a bit of new phone/contract enquiring (which has almost helped make a decision), then we did a few charity shops (I'm looking for a jacket to go with a particular dress), then to a haberdashery (when it occured to me I could ask Mum to make said jacket) to look at patterns, then Sainsburys for some stuff for dinner (cottage pie and veg).

As soon as I can be bothered, I'm going to wash my hair, and get NT to cut it for me. I'm sick of hairdressers!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Posh? We's not posh round 'ere mate. Just normal peeps enjoying peace and quiet.
Sounds blissful

Speicher

Vice Admiral
We decided after all the stuff we did yesterday, today would be an easy day.

We're exhausted now! We went out for brunch (Egg, bacon, black pudding, bubble and squeak.) then NT did a bit of new phone/contract enquiring (which has almost helped make a decision), then we did a few charity shops (I'm looking for a jacket to go with a particular dress), then to a haberdashery (when it occured to me I could ask Mum to make said jacket) to look at patterns, then Sainsburys for some stuff for dinner (cottage pie and veg).

As soon as I can be bothered, I'm going to wash my hair, and get NT to cut it for me. I'm sick of hairdressers!

If you want to look at patterns on line, I suggest Jaycotts.

Then leisurely at home, you can look at lots of patterns. You can enlarge the picture and look at the back of the pattern (where it says "full details" under the picture) envelope to see what else it says, ie what sort of fabric it is suitable for (ie stretchy, non-stretchy etc), and how much fabric you need.

The very small sewing shop here does mostly patchwork and crafty sewing items, not patterns really. I end up forgetting which patterns I like, and then trying to find them again. Using Jaycotts on line, you can print off the picture with the pattern number, and once you have some that you like, you can easily choose which one/two you like best. (You can also make sure that you do not order a pattern that you have already have.:blush:)

Last edited:

Arch

Married to Night Train
If you want to look at patterns on line, I suggest Jaycotts.

Then leisurely at home, you can look at lots of patterns. You can enlarge the picture and look at the back of the pattern (where it says "full details" under the picture) envelope to see what else it says, ie what sort of fabric it is suitable for (ie stretchy, non-stretchy etc), and how much fabric you need.

The very small sewing shop here does mostly patchwork and crafty sewing items, not patterns really. I end up forgetting which patterns I like, and then trying to find them again. Using Jaycotts on line, you can print off the picture with the pattern number, and once you have some that you like, you can easily choose which one/two you like best. (You can also make sure that you do not order a pattern that you have already have.:blush:)

ooh. thanks, I'll have a look.

I know pretty much the sort of shape I want (of course all patterns are shown on tall graceful models, not puddings like me, but I can dream), and want some plain fabric, in one of two or three colours, to match the pattern on the frock. I just need to check if Mum is willing, and then maybe go and visit so tht we can choose suitable fabric. Leicester's pretty good for fabric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom