Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Ahem *cough cough*

27308_326031164179555_1751977596_n.jpg

@potsy & @Hill Wimp
mini me's. Saw some lovely spotted piglets foraging in the Forest in Burley but couldn't get my camera out quick enough. That looks like Ivan @hopless500 cat

Mattonsea

Über Member
I am now reclining with:cuppa: the M3 was full of those with second homes in the country returning to their Icebergs pads in London:angry:
We call them New age foresters or FDFL.

classic33

Leg End Member
I hope you get some good neighbours, Wol. Our new neighbours take possession tomorrow. The existing guy, who has lived next door to us for the last 20 years has upped sticks and left without even saying goodbye. Now there is friendliness for you.
Have you seen your new neighbour yet!!

Hill Wimp

Viewers remember, tune in tomorrow for the first exciting day of 'Plumber Watch'. In the opening edition TVC will spend the day sat in a cold house commentiing on CC whilst some bloke rips out his old heating system. Episode two on Tuesday will feature Lu who hopefully will be covering the installation of a new boiler. How many more episodes is anyone's guess.

Tune in tomorrow at 8.00am for the first bullitin, if the plumber actually turns up.

Great another Sweetpea thread :thumbsup:

I like these as you are on the edge of your seat thinking will they won't they :biggrin:

Hill Wimp

My sister and brother in law had a plumber for a while, who they usually booked to come twice. Once to fix a thing, and then again a couple of days later to fix it again so it worked this time. This happened a few times, but he was such a nice bloke, they wanted to keep giving him work....

In other news, I've just had a haircut. I didn't have to endure any of the usual mundane questions about going on holiday, and I didn't wince once. NT is a much gentler hairdresser than most professionals!

Is there anything NT can't do ? You have caught a good one there Arch :thumbsup:

Hill Wimp

That's not bad....faster than I go

I think there must have been a blip. I would say it was about 13-14. I would still have to draft your wheel :rolleyes:

Hill Wimp

Nice one.
Proves that I am crap though

Utter piffle. Your ears should have been burning today as we all said how well you have done in such a short time and i mean really short time. As we said it's all about the ride and just completing it. Who cares if it takes 10 hours, you have still done the same mileage as the person that crossed the line first.
:bravo:come on don't let the side down, 4 x 25 mile bikes remember and you are very nearly up to 80 so the last 20 is just 2 x 10 mile spins round the block.

Hill Wimp

Shaun has posted a message in one of the games threads which explains what's been going on. originally I was a bit miffed by the changes but I think he's doing the right things. Here it is.

Got to agree with him. We are still doing well in Tea. The Nattering Nabobs of Negativism ( i love that expression ) will soon get bored of the cafe and go back to their caves.
According to Wikki a Nabob is

A nabob (pronounced /neɪbɒb/) is an Anglo-Indian term for an East India Company servant who had become wealthy through corrupt trade and other practices.[1][2][3] It also refers to a conspicuously wealthy man who made his fortune in the Orient, especially in the Indian subcontinent.

Nabob literally means "deputy governor" or "viceroy" in the Mughal Empire rule of India. This title was later adapted by British vassals in India, such as Bengal, Oudh, and Arcot.

Think that sums them up nicely, wanabees :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom