Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Thanks Hils........I don't feel like I've been bullied. But I think Yorkshire Phil had it right about change being for the better and not for the worse.

True, lets see what response his email response gets though i'm pretty certain Shaun wouldn't be making what is quite a radical change, bearing in mind how many people use it, without good reason.

Tea is a great place to R&R after a stressful day at work for some or just a place to have a good chat. I always leave it with a smile on my face and look forward to catching up the next day. I do have a stressful job and having the ability to view, but not participate in, what you lot get up to during the day really lifts my spirits and certainly makes my commute home go much faster.

Anyway after tomorrow i'm off for two weeks and for next week i will be checking in during the day to finally get some of that cake ! You have be warned:ninja:

Hill Wimp

Bunny chow
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_chow

Only of course mine was in a gastro pub, so it was in a hollowed out sourdough roll, like a giant fish curry vol au vent

The picture looks vile but i love fish curry. Was it good ?

I find Tapatalk quicker and easier to post on when I'm on my mobile. But the main benefit is the ability to take a photo and then post it easily without having to find ways of downsizing it or waiting ages for a 2G network to upload a 1.9mb file. I'll just stop posting photos.
My other gripe is the retrospective down-grading of posts. I'm happy that Shaun decides to classify certain threads as Games and that they should not count towards the overall tally. What I don't like is deeming that earlier posts don't count. They were acceptable at the time and they should count. The implication is that my contribution is worth less than that from CAD - but I'm not aggressive, I don't go out to upset people, I don't want a fight...I want to have some fun and be part of a community spirit. But that does not seem to be valued. By the way, if I were a new member, and I got duffed over in CAD, I wouldn't come back. If I had fun in Post A Lie, The Chain, Mundane News....I might come back and post in other threads.
^^^^^ wot he said.
That sums it up nicely :thumbsup:

TVC

Hill Wimp post: 2702316 said:
The picture looks vile but i love fish curry. Was it good ?
Excellent, it isn't often that I get to try something entirely new. I suspect though that all pubs eill have it on their menu in a couple of years - buy the curry in frozen, hollow out a roll and stick some greenary on the side.

I find Tapatalk quicker and easier to post on when I'm on my mobile. But the main benefit is the ability to take a photo and then post it easily without having to find ways of downsizing it or waiting ages for a 2G network to upload a 1.9mb file. I'll just stop posting photos.

My other gripe is the retrospective down-grading of posts. I'm happy that Shaun decides to classify certain threads as Games and that they should not count towards the overall tally. What I don't like is deeming that earlier posts don't count. They were acceptable at the time and they should count. The implication is that my contribution is worth less than that from CAD - but I'm not aggressive, I don't go out to upset people, I don't want a fight...I want to have some fun and be part of a community spirit. But that does not seem to be valued. By the way, if I were a new member, and I got duffed over in CAD, I wouldn't come back. If I had fun in Post A Lie, The Chain, Mundane News....I might come back and post in other threads.
I'm just glad I discovered other stuff very quickly after finding CAD when I was trawling through the forum the first day. I wouldn't have been back either - can't be doing with backstabbing and snideyness on any of the threads. Completely uneccessary.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bunny chow
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_chow

Only of course mine was in a gastro pub, so it was in a hollowed out sourdough roll, like a giant fish curry vol au vent

Ah! NT tells me when he was a kid at school, they used to go out at lunch time, buy an unsliced loaf from the baker, eat the middle out of it while they walked to the chip shop, and then get the chip shop man to fill the hollow loaf with chips...

In other news:

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My telly's stopped working now. Well, the telly works, but I can't get the freeview box to turn on, so there's no signal. I think it's the remote. When I press any other button but the On button, the standby LED on the box flashes, but not when I press the On button.

<bangs head on table>

Still, it's nice to be out of the cupboard. Annoying about tapatalk, if you've bought it. I never got round to it, and find the new responsive feature on the forum works ok at suiting the forum to my phone, although I had to turn off rich text to get replies to work properly.

Hill Wimp

Think, Alberta, Canada. -10
Is it still cold?

No compared to Alberta it's positively balmy.

Hill Wimp

How was the Adnams, TVC?

It's one of my favourite beers

I'm no ale drinker but last summer whilst cycling through the New Forest i was convinced to try one of their local ales and was hooked. Its really refreshing after a long ride and became a daily drink for that week. Looking forward to some this weekend when i go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom