Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

@Arch, nurse TVC will be along shortly, after he has sorted out the cry baby.

@Wocky, there is a case of 12 assorted bottles of Adnams now sitting in the spare room, waiting for Christmas. Broadside is my favourite, and there is strangrly no shortage of pubs selling it on tbe Suffolk coast. The Adnams brewery in Southwold do tours, I put the idea to Lu that it would be a fun thing to do on our Anniversary. We decided it wasn't.

Last edited:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
@Arch, nurse TVC will be along shortly, after he has sorted out the cry baby.

@Wocky, there is a case of 12 assorted bottles of Adnams now sitting in the spare room, waiting for Christmas. Broadside is my favourite, and there is strangrly no shortage of pubs selling it on tbe Suffolk coast. The Adnams brewery in Southwold do tours, I put the idea to Lu that it would be a fun tbing to do on our Anniversary. We decided it wasn't.

I'm sure you could persuade a group of Tea officianados (?) to join you on a cycle tour of Addnams pubs in Suffolk in the Spring:whistle:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ah well - take the bed to the laptop Arch :thumbsup:

Yeah, that might be easier!

I think I'll get a lot of reading done, with no telly. Idon't think this laptop is up to iPlayer, and the data limit on my phone is a bit small for that sort of thing...

I have got a knitting project to start of course, that had to wait a few days as I couldn't find the needles I needed...

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
@Hill Wimp The Ringwood Brewery is sort of near the New Forest & does tours was it one of their brews?

Yes i think it was. I was at the Queens Head in Burley when i had my first sip. It was lovely. I will be back for a week in July so i may just do the brewery trip, and me a G&T girl, who'd have thought ?

Arch

Married to Night Train

Yes, I'm sorry not to have got on with it sooner, but I'd mislaid the right sized needles. Found them now.

Lullabelle

Banana
I'm sure you could persuade a group of Tea officianados (?) to join you on a cycle tour of Addnams pubs in Suffolk in the Spring:whistle:

One of the things I like about Aldeburgh is that it isn't like being at the seaside, pebble beach, no arcades, no nightclubs so no stag/hen trips etc.. not an ideal place to take children as there is nothing for them to do, sorry mums but that is a big bonus for me, very few kids.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
One of the things I like about Aldeburgh is that it isn't like being at the seaside, pebble beach, no arcades, no nightclubs so no stag/hen trips etc.. not an ideal place to take children as there is nothing for them to do, sorry mums but that is a big bonus for me, very few kids.

No apologies needed, I can see the attraction ^_^

Lullabelle

Banana
Yesterday we had our anniversary meal at a terrific restaurant called The Lighthouse. We started with 3 oysters each, then a glass of pinot each and a starter of scallops on a bed or apple puree (sauce) a few dressed leaves and a very thin rasher of bacon that was so delicate it was like eating a posh bacon crisp, the main course was seabass on a tomato and red pepper ragu served on a bed of spinach and 2 potatoes, we asked for side dish of potatoes, pud was a cheese board and a small glass of port each. The meal was delicious.

The owners of the b&b where we stayed had a deal with the restaurant, they give a voucher for a free glass of wine each if you have a meal there so we started the evening with a free glass of house red. TVC emailed them a few months ago to check availability on a table, they called back to confirm, I mentioned that it was our anniversary so if they had a quiet table in the corner... we did have quiet table and as we were leaving the guy at the front of the house wished us a happy anniversary and he hoped the meal was to the standard we expected, we said it was and thanked him. It was a nice little touch. We went there last year so for this they were our only choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom