Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Yesterday we had our anniversary meal at a terrific restaurant called The Lighthouse. We started with 3 oysters each, then a glass of pinot each and a starter of scallops on a bed or apple puree (sauce) a few dressed leaves and a very thin rasher of bacon that was so delicate it was like eating a posh bacon crisp, the main course was seabass on a tomato and red pepper ragu served on a bed of spinach and 2 potatoes, we asked for side dish of potatoes, pud was a cheese board and a small glass of port each. The meal was delicious.

The owners of the b&b where we stayed had a deal with the restaurant, they give a voucher for a free glass of wine each if you have a meal there so we started the evening with a free glass of house red. TVC emailed them a few months ago to check availability on a table, they called back to confirm, I mentioned that it was our anniversary so if they had a quiet table in the corner... we did have quiet table and as we were leaving the guy at the front of the house wished us a happy anniversary and he hoped the meal was to the standard we expected, we said it was and thanked him. It was a nice little touch. We went there last year so for this they were our only choice.

That sounds really lovely. Glad you had a good time.:smile:

Lullabelle

Banana
That sounds really lovely. Glad you had a good time.:smile:

It was thank you.

We arrived about midday Tuesday, checked in had lunch then sat on the beach, it was hot and sunny, Tuesday evening on the beach with fish and chips and diet coke, the evening was so lovely it seemed a waste to sit inside. Winter arrived last night. We have the gas fire on and a couple of heaters to try and get some warmth. The plumbers don't turn up until next Monday so we still have a few cold days ahead of us.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
It was thank you.

We arrived about midday Tuesday, checked in had lunch then sat on the beach, it was hot and sunny, Tuesday evening on the beach with fish and chips and diet coke, the evening was so lovely it seemed a waste to sit inside. Winter arrived last night. We have the gas fire on and a couple of heaters to try and get some warmth. The plumbers don't turn up until next Monday so we still have a few cold days ahead of us.

Heavens what's with your local plumbers Lu. Didn't it go bang last week ?

Arch

Married to Night Train
It was thank you.

I think you got the last gasp of summer on your holiday!

Right. Being a creature of habit, I'm going to sit in bed with the radio on and stare at the blank telly while I knit. Well, I have to catch up with Twitter on my phone too - this laptop can't really cope with that!

Old Tea? regulars may be interested to know that I've just started following Wafflycat, formerly of this parish!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I think you got the last gasp of summer on your holiday!

Right. Being a creature of habit, I'm going to sit in bed with the radio on and stare at the blank telly while I knit. Well, I have to catch up with Twitter on my phone too - this laptop can't really cope with that!

Old Tea? regulars may be interested to know that I've just started following Wafflycat, formerly of this parish!
Aw Arch - how is old Waffly? Perhaps you could stimulate some posts..........

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Mind you, she was always doing so much, she made me feel just a tad inadequate..

Bit like Puddles!
We is all different Arch. I don't think of you as inadequate :smooch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom