Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I waited and waited but you didn't turn up, so I went and did something constructive.
If you rely on me to be punctual, then you will soon develop your waiting skills ... :whistle:

p1000890-jpg.8271.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My pigs used to go back to bed after their breakfast if it was raining
Sounds like a good idea ... I am about to have my porridge, but I think conditions are dry. It is why I am awake after only 5.5 hours sleep - I want to get a ride in before the rain arrives this afternoon.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Just got back from returning our car to the garage less than a week since it's 'big' service. Yesterday a humungous oil light flashed on in the centre of the dislpay. Checked the oil level.... there wasn't one! The garage are looking into the engine to see where they've put it because I've paid for litres of new stuff.

I think it's still on the shelves but the nice lady in the service reception was being optimistic and is sure they'll find it somewhere.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
My predictions were correct big splats of :rain:as soon as Bertha's wheels touched tarmac, which got heavier and heavier accompanied by a nice head wind all the way there I think I need to get some ear muffs or a woolly hat that covers my ears :cold:

potsy

Rambler
.Gawd, you lot are all up at silly o'clock again.
I'm only just up and dressed and waiting for the tea to be ready.
Not all of us, I'm just up and enjoying my morning :cuppa:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Hello All. Been a while. :hello:. I'm watching the rain fall radar and wondering if any gaps will appear to ride in, but suspect I shall be getting very wet today! :rolleyes:. In other news the month of plenty has resulted in record levels of all good things in the cupboards / freezer at Biscuit towers. I feel like a squirrel getting ready for the winter. :laugh:.

What things? what things? Details man we need details!

:hello: Jo

I think a bike is a prerequisite with travelling now, but i think i will get the plane there to start with although cycling there would be quite a journey.
We had 6 weeks off and did NZ last year, but we didn't have bikes. Wouldn't have been feasible lugging them from Bangkok to NZ to Fiji and California :smile:. The three and a half weeks in NZ were fab, but spent nearly all of it driving from the top of N Island to the bottom of S Island.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZ8vENPdlJraKRyo0-B2s6h3xP_PdjpcYxGTlQ8wHnVAclvaKIsg.png
everywhere. More than I've seen in my life so far and more than I'll see during the rest of it I reckon.

Attachments

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZ8vENPdlJraKRyo0-B2s6h3xP_PdjpcYxGTlQ8wHnVAclvaKIsg.png
    435 bytes · Views: 14
    435 bytes · Views: 10
    435 bytes · Views: 10

Biscuit

Legendary Member
What things? what things? Details man we need details!

Courgettes, Marrows, Apples, Pears, Blackberries, Tomatoes, Cherry Tomatoes, some random pumpkin thing called a 'Turks Turban' ( Been roasting those), runner beans, potatoes and onions. I shall also be making cider with the class 2 ie 'wanky' apples. Oh and some swiss chard.. but that was xx(.

I've not been to New Zealand and would like to go. I've also never been to America but I don't really have any burning ambition to visit.
We did America as it was the only travel option available for the return leg at the time (within the time constraints) on our last trip. We didn't really want to go, OH even less so than me, but we got a bit of an eye opener. California is great. Decided to do the G Canyon which I really could have not bothered with, but I am so glad we did. Seeing it on the tv isn't the same. It's HUGE. And impressive. Jaw-dropping in fact. I stayed in Texas when I was 18 and have to say I wouldn't bother going back there again, but California is on the itinerary for the way back from the Asia cycling trip in the Spring, we enjoyed it that much.

Just got back from returning our car to the garage less than a week since it's 'big' service. Yesterday a humungous oil light flashed on in the centre of the dislpay. Checked the oil level.... there wasn't one! The garage are looking into the engine to see where they've put it because I've paid for litres of new stuff.

I think it's still on the shelves but the nice lady in the service reception was being optimistic and is sure they'll find it somewhere.

Garages seem to be good at that. Two weeks after a service my engine warning light came on. Stopped the car which was suddenly steaming away in the rain which was slightly worrying. Got towed back to the garage. The new oil filter which they had charged me for turned out to have 'mysteriously disappeared' and strangely, so had the oil they had charged me for. The old filter was still in place with a dirty great hole in it and no oil. Needless to say I didn't go back there again after they sorted it out :cursing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom