Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
finger_1940341i.jpg

Ta Dah! Fish Fingers
:hungry::hungry::hungry:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Those fingers are huge.... did they come from a whale?

We call those fish sticks....
but our chickens have fingers!

I think the picture just makes them look big, they are usualy quite small and icky

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
How did you manage to get a private hire licence. My local council were taken aback when informed that front & rear brakes were fitted as standard on nearly every bike sold, let alone on trikes & quads.
I didn't. I made an agreement with the town council to base myself in the park to do pleasure trips along the riverside. Any jobs that required running on the road had to be booked at least 7 days in advance so they could be done without a licence (same rule that wedding cars and stretched limo's run under at the moment.)

It was meant to be a temporary measure while I obtained other licences, which ultimately didn't work out.

classic33

Leg End Member
I didn't. I made an agreement with the town council to base myself in?the park to do pleasure trips along the riverside. Any jobs that required running on the road had to be booked at least 7 days in advance so they could be done without a licence (same rule that wedding cars and stretched limo's run under at the moment.)

It was meant to be a temporary measure while I obtained other licences, which ultimately didn't work out.
Did you get the other licences though?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Did you get the other licences though?
No. The licensing committee agreed in principle that they'd change the rules locally to allow me to obtain a hackney carriage licence, however the licensing officer stopped responding to enquiries and I just got fed up trying in the end. I suspect that the local taxi drivers association were putting pressure on behind the scenes, but I can't prove it.

The biggest issue I faced was that I could not have managed the hills in Shrewsbury if I had been granted the hackney carriage licence. Getting 335KG up Wyle Cop on a regular basis would have been a non starter.:ohmy:

classic33

Leg End Member
No. The licensing committee agreed in principle that they'd change the rules locally to allow me to obtain a hackney carriage licence, however the licensing officer stopped responding to enquiries and I just got fed up trying in the end. I suspect that the local taxi drivers association were putting pressure on behind the scenes, but I can't prove it.

The biggest issue I faced was that I could not have managed the hills in Shrewsbury if I had been granted the hackney carriage licence. Getting 335KG up Wyle Cop on a regular basis would have been a non starter.:ohmy:
You'd have got used to it!

Sara_H

Guru
Evening tea conasiuers. Me and son have been to a big school open evening. It's a school I wasn't't expecting to like, but we both quite liked it.
Oh dear. This isn't a very easy decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom