Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:hello:

Tis a bit cool here in Kevin's beach shed. There will be a good fire going later. Making tea will take longer than usual. Tonight's dinner is lobster bisque, followed by smoked mackerel.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
@Rickshaw Phil

I have used a rickshaw taxi in Oxford. I managed to lose my bearings in the middle of Oxford, and needed to get to the railway station pronto.
At that very moment a rickshaw taxi appeared. For insurance purposes, he had to ring his Boss, to confirm I was "booking" a ride.
I know which company you mean - they're licenced as private hire vehicles so all rides have to be pre booked.:whistle: No naughty picking passengers up at the roadside.:stop:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
It was an excellent service. He was able to move swiftly through the centre of Oxford, and took me to the station so that I did not miss my train. I cannot remember how much the fare was, but do not recall it being expensive. If I went to Oxford again, I would look out for one when I arrived at the station. It does seem counter productive not to just be able to "hop on" when necessary.

The cyclist like it because he was a student, so he was earning money and keeping very fit at the same time.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
It was an excellent service. He was able to move swiftly through the centre of Oxford, and took me to the station so that I did not miss my train. I cannot remember how much the fare was, but do not recall it being expensive. If I went to Oxford again, I would look out for one when I arrived at the station. It does seem counter productive not to just be able to "hop on" when necessary.

The cyclist like it because he was a student, so he was earning money and keeping very fit at the same time.

I'm glad you liked, and It's nice to know that it is working out for the other guys out there.:thumbsup:

The thing with the rides having to be booked is that only black cabs are allowed to pick up fares at the roadside and it is extremely difficult to get the hackney carriage licence for a rickshaw (you have to meet all the same regulations as the back cab, including wheelchair access & not being able to refuse any fare of less than five miles).

Getting the private hire licence is a lot less complicated even if it has its drawbacks.

gavgav

Legendary Member
:hello: They're in Ludlow so not my bit of the county unfortunately, although I have ridden round there in the past. I even took the rickshaw round the town a couple of times (that was interesting - Ludlow is hilly!)

EDIT: There were some sneaky photos taken of me at the Cycle show at the NEC though.
I have to keep your many fans on here happy :thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
There's an ad on telly at the mo for Sainsburys, where chap makes a fish finger sandwich. Does he line the fish fingers up neatly on the bread? Does he heckerslike! All higgledy piggledy across the bread. Madness!

Anyway, I've made 8 jars of apple and cinnamon jam, and boiled up and strained the haws, and a kilo of the crabapples from the tree round the corner from NT's house. I'll make the jellies up tomorrow.

I've also made up a batch of pasta sauce, although I had it with mash today as I've got spuds to use up.

:cuppa:

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
There's an ad on telly at the mo for Sainsburys, where chap makes a fish finger sandwich. Does he line the fish fingers up neatly on the bread? Does he heckerslike! All higgledy piggledy across the bread. Madness!

Anyway, I've made 8 jars of apple and cinnamon jam, and boiled up and strained the haws, and a kilo of the crabapples from the tree round the corner from NT's house. I'll make the jellies up tomorrow.

I've also made up a batch of pasta sauce, although I had it with mash today as I've got spuds to use up.

:cuppa:

Last time I checked, fish had fins not fingers, are you sure they weren't people fingers?

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Last time I checked, fish had fins not fingers, are you sure they weren't people fingers?
finger_1940341i.jpg

Ta Dah! Fish Fingers

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm glad you liked, and It's nice to know that it is working out for the other guys out there.:thumbsup:

The thing with the rides having to be booked is that only black cabs are allowed to pick up fares at the roadside and it is extremely difficult to get the hackney carriage licence for a rickshaw (you have to meet all the same regulations as the back cab, including wheelchair access & not being able to refuse any fare of less than five miles).

Getting the private hire licence is a lot less complicated even if it has its drawbacks.
How did you manage to get a private hire licence. My local council were taken aback when informed that front & rear brakes were fitted as standard on nearly every bike sold, let alone on trikes & quads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom