Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
Anyone want to share ice-cream sundaes? Maggots was rather large today (and that was a small one)

996006_678053572205882_904569618_n.jpg

It's as big as she is

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
There was a time when he was not so fussy ... (left of picture, as we look at it) :whistle:

ice-cream-stop-at-bonds-jpg.2067.jpg

Who's the bad boy in black... cute

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Were you able to make a decent amount of money?
From the shows, yes. It was the day to day trading that fell short as Shrewsbury is a lot less touristy than people in the town like to think.

I lost count of the number of people who told me it was a great idea and that the town should have had something like this years ago, but then wouldn't take a ride themselves.:sad:

C'est la vie.

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
From the shows, yes. It was the day to day trading that fell short as Shrewsbury is a lot less touristy than people in the town like to think.

I lost count of the number of people who told me it was a great idea and that the town should have had something like this years ago, but then wouldn't take a ride themselves.:sad:

C'est la vie.

I know there are a few cities here that have it usually you work for a company that has the rickshaws and you rent it for the day and work as an independent contractor.

How much did you charge and did you have a flat rate or based on mileage?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I know there are a few cities here that have it usually you work for a company that has the rickshaws and you rent it for the day and work as an independent contractor.

How much did you charge and did you have a flat rate or based on mileage?
I tried various charging schemes, what seemed to work best was charging by distance & number of people (£1.50 per person per mile in my case) The trouble was that tourists saw it as too cheap and wondered what the catch was, while the locals moaned it was too expensive (but after snubbing me would usually then go across the road and buy ice creams at £1.50 a piece.:wacko:)

I still reckon the idea is sound but a different location and a few changes were needed to make it work. I'm still glad I gave it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom