Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Been to the Seavingtons several times but I'll add Dorothy's to the To Visit list. :hungry:

It is pretty good and a nice ride if you go via Lopen down the roman road.

The Apple cake is good. :wahhey:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
:hello: well what a fuuny month it is, the temp was about 21c when I set off and it is still 19c now. Got dark halfway through my ride so had to ride back from Otley in the dark, good job I have good lights.
Blimey 19 in Yorkshire, you must have been cycling in your bamboo undergarments:giggle:

That equatorial for Yorkshire

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Blimey 19 in Yorkshire, you must have been cycling in your bamboo undergarments:giggle:

That equatorial for Yorkshire

I was in me shorts and SS jersey, on the way back through town everyone was shuffling around in big coats ............ what the hell is that all about :scratch:

I got that Hill Climbing book from Amazon and read a few chapters last night and tried out some of the stuff she suggests and it works :thumbsup: .

I always seem to find myself getting out of the saddle and hammering away up hills, so I tried going for a gear lower than I thought I needed and sitting up with my hands resting on the bars and changing the way I was breathing and it works :ohmy:, but it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard not to get out of the saddle it drives me crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy :banghead: so when the other book gets here I will give me chimp a good talking to :eek:

Hill Wimp

I was in me shorts and SS jersey, on the way back through town everyone was shuffling around in big coats ............ what the hell is that all about :scratch:

I got that Hill Climbing book from Amazon and read a few chapters last night and tried out some of the stuff she suggests and it works :thumbsup: .

I always seem to find myself getting out of the saddle and hammering away up hills, so I tried going for a gear lower than I thought I needed and sitting up with my hands resting on the bars and changing the way I was breathing and it works :ohmy:, but it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard not to get out of the saddle it drives me crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy :banghead: so when the other book gets here I will give me chimp a good talking to :eek:
:laugh:

It is a good book and i have to give it some credit for my improvement. The way i read it getting out of the saddle is only a last resort or if you are going for the sprint which i am not so i have stuck to my guns and stayed seated and its paid dividends.

I have to say the one phrase out of all the cycling stuff i have read that is so very true is that it is the little things, the minor adjustments that all add up that make the difference. I cannot say that one thing itself made me a better at............ but all the little adjustments combined have.

Hill Wimp

I think I speak for Wol, when I say that we prefer:

1296154-low_res-inspector-montalbano.jpg
Yes a definite dish too:wub:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
:laugh:

It is a good book and i have to give it some credit for my improvement. The way i read it getting out of the saddle is only a last resort or if you are going for the sprint which i am not so i have stuck to my guns and stayed seated and its paid dividends.

I have to say the one phrase out of all the cycling stuff i have read that is so very true is that it is the little things, the minor adjustments that all add up that make the difference. I cannot say that one thing itself made me a better at............ but all the little adjustments combined have.
Wasn't that the Team Sky theory for getting Wiggo into yellow last year?

Remind me the link for the climbing book? CBA to look back. :blush: I find that relaxed neck, shoulders and elbows makes for an easier climb, with standing up as an alternative to attack a short climb or to use different muscles for a break.

Hill Wimp

Didnt he get killed in The Killing III? If so, we won't be coming back :laugh:

He did. I loved The Killing and The Bridge. I am a complete Scandi drama fan. Actually i probably more of a BBC 4 fan. I would be happy just to have Radio 4 & 3 and BBC 4 and I player. The rest i could happily leave behind...... well maybe the World Service may have to be part of the package.

But he is still lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom