Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
The way i read it getting out of the saddle is only a last resort or if you are going for the sprint

Yes I did that on the Otley Sportive. We got to a climb that I know really well so I started off spinning in a really low gear then changed up slightly halfway up then just before the summit I could see in my mirror someone trying to overtake me so I got out of the seat and changed up a ring an accelerated up the hill and over the summit and I could see this guy and everyone else on the hill just disappearing in my mirror, I cant tell you the satisfaction that gave me :evil:

I have to say the one phrase out of all the cycling stuff i have read that is so very true is that it is the little things, the minor adjustments that all add up that make the difference. I cannot say that one thing itself made me a better at............ but all the little adjustments combined have.

I don't think there are many adjustments I can do with the bike. I have spent the last 3 years fine tuning it so it is exactly how I want it but I think I need to change my riding style a bit, also need I to do some work on my core so it supports my upper half better and I am not leaning on my hands so much.

Last edited:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Wasn't that the Team Sky theory for getting Wiggo into yellow last year?

Remind me the link for the climbing book? CBA to look back. :blush: I find that relaxed neck, shoulders and elbows makes for an easier climb, with standing up as an alternative to attack a short climb or to use different muscles for a break.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DQ602K8/ref=oh_d__o01_details_o01__i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
Evenings!
I am feeling unhappy. I was having a root canal filling:evil:, but the dentist had to stop as there was still some inflammation and it was stopping the anaesthetic from working :eek::stop: So off I went with a temporary filling, which fell out yesterday. But that's OK, I've got some temporary tooth cement in a first-aid kit. Mixy mixy spludgey prod, and into the cavity it goes. And that's when I discover it contains oil of cloves and a numbing agent.
Well.
My tongue and half of my mouth is a bit numb, and the whole bloody world tastes of cloves.
Today I have had a banana and clove yoghurt, a bacon and clove roll, a few custard creams with added clove, smoked salmon and clove pate with clove and Melba toast, clove salad, and carrot and coriander and clove soup,
And some Tea. With cloves, which completely messes up Earl Grey.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
@TheDoctor I am still on the anti-biotics after the last visit to the dentist, Anbesol works for me quite well as a numbing agent. The are evil peoples are dentists, they have big fangy teeth too (and I suspect they wee on the patio as well) I hate cloves so I feel lots of sympathy for you, cloves tasting anything makes me xx(

@Arch Mr P does all the sewing in this house too the sewing machine hates me, I generally bug the life out of him by cutting things and then just standing giving directions on how I want it sewn he made beautiful boot bags for "Large" that have big handles so I can take them in the shop with me fill them up and then just slot them in the boot :smile:.

In the pictures are you the lady with the gorgeous wavy curls in her hair or with the piercing?

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Evenings!
I am feeling unhappy. I was having a root canal filling:evil:, but the dentist had to stop as there was still some inflammation and it was stopping the anaesthetic from working :eek::stop: So off I went with a temporary filling, which fell out yesterday. But that's OK, I've got some temporary tooth cement in a first-aid kit. Mixy mixy spludgey prod, and into the cavity it goes. And that's when I discover it contains oil of cloves and a numbing agent.
Well.
My tongue and half of my mouth is a bit numb, and the whole bloody world tastes of cloves.
Today I have had a banana and clove yoghurt, a bacon and clove roll, a few custard creams with added clove, smoked salmon and clove pate with clove and Melba toast, clove salad, and carrot and coriander and clove soup,
And some Tea. With cloves, which completely messes up Earl Grey.

Doc, Cyberknight started a thread just now about his chipped tooth. I broke one of mine yesterday but the pain is not too bad.

Dentist for me Wednesday:sad:

:hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom