Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
In my defence, I hardly ever have coffee/cake stops while I'm :bicycle: unless I'm with the cycling group :thumbsup:

Oh no no no you have created a monster now. I intend to try as many cake shops as possible in Kent now !

Arch

Married to Night Train
I've made the juice for the crab apple jelly, and strained it through my new jelly bag, thanks to NT, who made me a thing to hold it up, out of old spokes and bits of umbrella strut:
IMAG1278.jpg

It's a gorgeous pink colour, the juice. Tomorrow I'll boil it up with sugar to a setting point.

We've had sausage and mash with leeks and apple sauce for dinner.:hungry:

Mattonsea

Über Member
:cold:
It is official we are the house of snot!
sneezing.gif

We have calpol, Calprofen for small people and paracetamol for me.

Squidge appeared in the playground coughing and sniffing too. I thought I would do easy and full of stuff food for dinner, cheese, pasta salad (so lots of veggies) User76 is refusing to eat, she even refused to eat a slice of bread and butter which she normally loves and chose a kinder egg at the shop that she has now put in the fridge and does not want.

Squidge is stuffing his and already said can I have Maggots if she does not want it and can I have it in my pot for school which is a blessing as I am not good with amounts at that kind of mixed up salad and I appear to have a vat of it in the kitchen which will please Mr P who will happily take it for lunch for the rest of the week.

Early bed all round again I think

Tea please!

p.s. someone remind me to shove more stuff down Maggots throat when I go to bed in the hope it will assist in less nocturnal wakings
I entirely sympathise . Have you got some Vick, best of British , see you on the other side.:cold::tired:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Oh no no no you have created a monster now. I intend to try as many cake shops as possible in Kent now !
You need be able to recommend at least one good coffee stop in all directions from your house. I've divided it up around me in general areas - the main towns, Taunton Vale, the Levels, the Quantocks, the Blackdowns, the Brendons, and Exmoor. Oh, and they need to be independent coffee stops. No multinational conglomerates.

Hill Wimp

Actually it's not the number of cake shops that matters, it's the number of cake stops :hungry:

I will stick to one stop per bike ride ...... unless the cake is sub standard then i may have to stop again somewhere else :laugh:

Kent has never been a gourmet cake county .

Now a gourmet wine county it really is being as we have loads of award winning vineyards which i can personally vouch for :whistle: and the French trying to buy up land here faster that the speed a whore can get her knickers down because its the same soil type as that in the Champagne region.

Perhaps i could substitute wine for cake ????:hyper:

Hill Wimp

@Puddles dont laugh at this as it really works.

Slather Vicks on the bottom of their feet. The menthol is absorbed up the body and help clear the breathing passageways

also

Cut an onion in half and put it on the bedside table next to the kids. The onion absorbs the nasty bugs in the air. The room may pong but its as good as burning tea tree.:thumbsup:

Ive been doing this for years on me and it works.Thank my Granny.

Hill Wimp

You need be able to recommend at least one good coffee stop in all directions from your house. I've divided it up around me in general areas - the main towns, Taunton Vale, the Levels, the Quantocks, the Blackdowns, the Brendons, and Exmoor. Oh, and they need to be independent coffee stops. No multinational conglomerates.

multinational conglomerates - oh no no no, never ever !

Edit - actually i do in London sorry.

Peteaud

Veteran

The one in Hinton St George? bet you have never been in that one :tongue:

Mattonsea

Über Member
Kent has never been a gourmet cake county .

Now a gourmet wine county it really is being as we have loads of award winning vineyards which i can personally vouch for :whistle: and the French trying to buy up land here faster that the speed a whore can get her knickers down because its the same soil type as that in the Champagne region.

Perhaps i could substitute wine for cake ????:hyper:[/quote]
Nice Metaphor :eek:else :laugh:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I've made the juice for the crab apple jelly, and strained it through my new jelly bag, thanks to NT, who made me a thing to hold it up, out of old spokes and bits of umbrella strut:
View attachment 29761

It's a gorgeous pink colour, the juice. Tomorrow I'll boil it up with sugar to a setting point.

We've had sausage and mash with leeks and apple sauce for dinner.:hungry:
Very ingenious well done NT I resort to the "posh" chair upside down and a bit on each corner but I like the spoke thing!

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
:cold:
I entirely sympathise . Have you got some Vick, best of British , see you on the other side.:cold::tired:

Squidge is firmly snoring, User76 has refused to go down, we shall see if she will for Mr P I think she will probably declare Daddy "stinky" tho and refuse to have anything to do with him.

I don't have vicks but I have olbas oil and also they had peppermint tea baths with oatmeal

Arch

Married to Night Train
Very ingenious well done NT I resort to the "posh" chair upside down and a bit on each corner but I like the spoke thing!

We had a brief 'Mary Rose' moment when the bit holding the base in a circle snapped under the strain, but it still stands up fine. It's just draining the very last of the dregs now.

NT has just gone to pick up the car, so that he can take away my old defunct spin dryer for scrap, giving me more space to store jam jars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom