Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Tou could always try this one
View attachment 29715

A hill to me should be no longer that a mile at most, after that its boring:whistle: .....................................

..................................................... well that's my excuse anyway

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Its not bad but i was coming at it from a totally novice road cyclist back in May and one who couldn't climb properly for toffee, possibly for dolly mixtures though.

You obviously can so im not sure it would move you much further on however if i remember rightly it wasn't very expensive on kindle so may be worth a read for you.

I will get the sample chapter and go from there, I am waiting for the chimp one to arrive, I thought that if I was going to spend £7 on it :eek: I might as well get the proper book version then when Amazon start giving out the ebooks versions on kindle-match I should get that for more or less free :thumbsup:

Hill Wimp

I will get the sample chapter and go from there, I am waiting for the chimp one to arrive, I thought that if I was going to spend £7 on it :eek: I might as well get the proper book version then when Amazon start giving out the ebooks versions on kindle-match I should get that for more or less free :thumbsup:

The Chimp Paradox is very good. I enjoyed reading it as its a really easy read and quite funny at times. You will see yourself in there without doubt, everyone will and his observations are excellent. I can see how it would work for athletes and to be fair there have been times when i have gone to say something and laughed when i have remembered it was my chimp talking.

Apart from that you could get paranoid and develop multiple personalities or indeed realise that you already have multiple personalities:laugh:

Hill Wimp

Yep. Tour De France will be going up it. Onto Elland & to Ainley Top.

I do hope you have good weather for the TDF up there. The rain didn't really show the North off at its best in the TOB. It was a shame.

phil_hg_uk

The Chimp Paradox is very good. I enjoyed reading it as its a really easy read and quite funny at times. You will see yourself in there without doubt, everyone will and his observations are excellent. I can see how it would work for athletes and to be fair there have been times when i have gone to say something and laughed when i have remembered it was my chimp talking.

Apart from that you could get paranoid and develop multiple personalities or indeed realise that you already have multiple personalities:laugh:

Well living alone I talk to myself anyway :crazy: it will be nice to be introduced to what I am talking to :laugh:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
When one of my friends did the London marathon this year, she had a false name printed on her T-shirt for the charity's supporters to cheer her on. Her reasoning was that she had enough problems with the voices in her head calling her name without adding thousands of strangers to the mix :laugh:

Hill Wimp

The book is funny in the way it makes you think about what is going on in your head.

I have a friend at work that has named her chimp. She calls it Mutley and when she wants to blurt something out she says before doing so " Mutley says" which gets us all laughing and diffuses many a situation.

classic33

Leg End Member
@Hill Wimp,
Short climb that has to be done to get out. Used veloroutes as used by @Puddles,
Mill Lane.png

It's not as bad as it appears & I've done it on four wheels & pedal power.

phil_hg_uk

The book is funny in the way it makes you think about what is going on in your head.

I have a friend at work that has named her chimp. She calls it Mutley and when she wants to blurt something out she says before doing so " Mutley says" which gets us all laughing and diffuses many a situation.

Well I am hoping it will help me to climb hills like Chris Froome, do TT's like Wiggo and sprint like Cav ........... what do you think :crazy:

Hill Wimp

Well I am hoping it will help me to climb hills like Chris Froome, do TT's like Wiggo and sprint like Cav ........... what do you think :crazy:

Well Steve Peters is the British Cycling Psych man so there is always that possibility.

We can all dream.

After all when i am sprinting for a particular point on one of my rides, i am of course really in the TDF about to win the yellow jersey. Never mind that the TDF has no women in it, i'm there and i'm winning:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom