Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
The kids eat tonnes of it as well as olives, anchovies and prawns. Strange children

Must be the air this end of the UK lol, Squidge loves all those things too, User76 does not though she will only eat the prawns but her favourite veg is parsnips and Squidge's is sprouts

Puddles

This is marsh samphire

buttered_samphire.jpg

Though there are two types of samphire - marsh and rock - only marsh samphire is widely available. Marsh samphire has vibrant green stalks, similar to baby asparagus, with a distinctively crisp and salty taste. It can be used raw in salad, though it tends to be very salty so it is more often boiled or steamed for a few minutes. Rock samphire has a rather unpleasant smell and flavour. Occasionally you may also find jars of pickled samphire in gourmet shops.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
The kids eat tonnes of it as well as olives, anchovies and prawns. Strange children

I'd never had Samphire until recently xx(. Big mistake. However 'fresh' anchovies, olives and prawns... :hungry:. I should move to the med tbh.

Currently I'm avoiding f/b and forums on here until I've finished watching the TOB stage 8 on eurosport player. :rolleyes:. See you all in about an hour. :thumbsup:

Puddles

I've stopped putting food out for the birds because we have swarms of parakeets which come and scare off all our garden birds. They only keep away when there is no food in the feeder. :sad:
Mum has lots of those killer birds whose name escapes me, hawks or kestrels of something and lots of other wild birds, she also has lots of squirels so we see baby ones often at the right time, and also a wood pecker

When we visited the Hawk Conservancy and I pointed out she had feeders bigger than theirs I suggested she might be a bit OTT about it :laugh: She buys bird food in wholesale sacks

Puddles

Not on the patio I hope!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Mum has lots of those killer birds whose name escapes me, hawks or kestrels of something and lots of other wild birds, she also has lots of squirels so we see baby ones often at the right time, and also a wood pecker

When we visited the Hawk Conservancy and I pointed out she had feeders bigger than theirs I suggested she might be a bit OTT about it :laugh: She buys bird food in wholesale sacks
I found a dead kestrel in the field the other day. It was at the base of a telegraph pole so I suspect it flew straight into the wires. :sad:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Nana only has about 4 of those ones, she has about 40 bird feeders in all which I am supposed to remember what seed/suet pellet/peanut etc goes in which feeder and fill them up correctly when she goes away - I always get it wrong...

This one is a smaller one

View attachment 29697 [/quo

Your other pix of Nana and User76 showed a bird feeder with what looked like steps up for the cats to climb.
Was I seeing things, my phone screen is small and I can't be asked to get my glasses out of my bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom