Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I have just finished my 11th cycling book since July.

Has my cycling improved as a result ?

:stop:

Don't go there @potsy
:becool:

Talking of cycling books here are a couple I read recently and enjoyed:

Racing Through the Dark: The Fall and Rise of David Millar
The Secret Race: Inside the Hidden World of the Tour de France: Doping, Cover-ups, and Winning at All Costs
Mid-life Cyclists

and I have read the first chapter of:

Sean Yates: It's All About the Bike: My Autobiography - seems quite good but still expensive on kindle so waiting for the price to drop.

This book might actually help you I am reading it at the moment it is written by Steve Peters, the British Cycling team's resident psychiatrist, I have read the first chapter last night and it looks very good:

The Chimp Paradox: The Acclaimed Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness

classic33

Leg End Member
Oh good I can stop wondering what you are harvesting! Maize!
Lend a couple of pairs of hands & PYO, free of charge!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Talking of cycling books here are a couple I read recently and enjoyed:

Racing Through the Dark: The Fall and Rise of David Millar
The Secret Race: Inside the Hidden World of the Tour de France: Doping, Cover-ups, and Winning at All Costs
Mid-life Cyclists

and I have read the first chapter of:

Sean Yates: It's All About the Bike: My Autobiography - seems quite good but still expensive on kindle so waiting for the price to drop.

This book might actually help you I am reading it at the moment it is written by Steve Peters, the British Cycling team's resident psychiatrist, I have read the first chapter last night and it looks very good:

The Chimp Paradox: The Acclaimed Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness

Read them all and all very good I thought. Enjoyable reading and I actually did pick up some tips.

Sean Yates doesn't live to far from me, wonder if he would mind pacing me up a couple of hills ?:laugh:

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
I always play 2 because 4 seems to require too much thought when I play late at night!

I'm disappointed with the standard of play of the backgammon app though - it does stupid things like leaving odd pieces behind which means it sometimes loses by backgammons or gammons when it should really only lose by a single game. If I were not such a saddo, I could just find someone to play online ... :laugh:

You're right about too much thought! I've played 4 a few times but prefer 2; at least I can win! It's been a long time since I've played Backgammon. Not even sure I remember how.

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
Well, that was good. :sun: after the first few miles, and a very pleasant ride.
I acquired a Bramley en route, so now I need to find some blackberries later :hungry:

Last edited:

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
Another 'lost in translation' ... Trust me, you would not want to see RM in (British) suspenders! :laugh:

Suspenders (and stockings):

Stockings-red-tops-225x300.jpg

Braces!:

lifestyle44.jpg

Sure I would, if only for a good ROTFLMAO!

Garter belt is for holding up women's (or cross-dressers) hosiery aka nylons

Suspenders are for holding up up trousers mostly men tbut I've seen women wear them as a fashion statement. Some pull it off, some don't

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
:hello: Morning all ! 2nd :cuppa:, little biscuits playing quietly for once. Yesterday we made pasta sheets, lentil dahl, and cooked a 'Turks Turban' courgette thingy, stuffed with spiced lentil dahl, cheese n mushrooms. We've also cut the grass!! * Phew *

Today will be an easier day of dog walking and :bicycle: around the village. Maybe a game of football over the fields.

Love lentil dahl! Especially on cold rainy days. I prefer tomato based with red lentils.
I'm assuming you're talking about soccer?

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
That one is harder for me to convert, I'm not a fan of football but it's so big here I automatically visualize (american) football when I see the word.
Actually I'm not a fan of team sports period. People are taught at a very young age to "win at all costs" and not "do your best" which means if you are substandard you're worthless. I'ts a terrible message for kid's..... and people wonder why they have self-esteem issues.

potsy

Rambler
I have just finished my 11th cycling book since July.

Has my cycling improved as a result ?

:stop:

Don't go there @potsy
:becool:
My cycling has nose-dived recently, about the same time you came mithering in here :whistle:

Afternoon, yesterdays 'none punctured tube incident' turned out to be an incident after all, was flat again this morning so have had to do the old skool tube in a bowl of water trick to find the miniscule hole :pump:
All sorted now, and ready for commuting action at 4.40am tomorrow :thumbsup:

Think I've earned a :cuppa:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Oh that tea is nice, we picked 40 ears of corn at the farm (they are very heavy and looks like this!)

IMGP2626.JPG

I also picked runner beans but only enough for dinner, User76 helped pick some really nice Squash we ended up with butternut and some weird green one. It was a bit of a faff getting it all on the bike and User76 was less than amused at having to sit next to the box of corn as she did not have room to spread her tutu out on the way home :laugh:

IMGP2604.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom