Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Just me :bicycle: today then?

Hope to get out and cycle with Mrs Aud from Taunton along the canal to (Maunsel lock )then back via Burrow bridge.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Just me :bicycle: today then?

I shall be
1569.gif
with the small people, Squidge might decide he wants to go to the river with Papa, but I think he might be actually working on the ferry
bth_summer_45.gif
today so I am not sure.

We have to go to the farm shop I am hoping they have PYO sweetcorn ready so I can stick a huge amount in the freezer for the coming year. Small people go mental for corn on the cob and supermarket prices are :eek: considering each small person can eat at least 2 whole ones at a meal! At the nice farm shop you can get 6 for £1 if you pick them yourself, so that will mean "Large" will be being hitched up instead of "Little" so we can fit extra stuff in it!

I did consider cycling o the brickworks as it is not far but there are two big hills and when I looked at the thingy here

upload_2013-9-22_8-30-0.png

I did think no no no no, I think I may be worse than @Hill Wimp when it comes to hills, plus I did wonder how much of a fight Squidge would put up when that route is reversed and he is tired after all the fun getting him up the very big hill could be a nightmare

Kies

The birds are singing and I can hear the water feature(s) from next door.
Operation ninja is about to commence ....

Get up
Use bathroom
Change into cycling attire
Make tea & toast
Extract best bike from security
Fill 2 x water bidons & mount
Open front door,without waking the indigenous people of this house
........ clip in and R I D E

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rest up today @Arch and get NT to spoil you.

I shall be resting up by going to Leeds on the train to the bike show! That won't take all day though, so we'll drift back here and mooch for a bit, and then I'll make something resembling Paella for dinner. Oh! Must get the seafood out of the freezer!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
:hello: morning all

Your days sound much better than mine. I will be off to work in a couple of hours so no :bicycle: for me ........... apart from i may run round the corner to catch a quick glimpse of the TOB as they fly up Whitehall.

Do some extra pedalling for me.

:cuppa: anyone ?

Mattonsea

Über Member
Another day another field full of Maize to be cut ,tempers frayed , tools flying. Im going to hide in the JCB and listen to
Hip Hoppty, not out of choice. Wish I was :bicycle:.

Puddles

Yes please I need more :cuppa:, just peered at the alternative route to the brickworks, where we go across to Warsash on the ferry it is longer and I wondered if it would avoid a big hill but no such luck just a different place to do a steep hill on the way home with tired small peoples!

upload_2013-9-22_8-59-3.png

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Yes please I need more :cuppa:, just peered at the alternative route to the brickworks, where we go across to Warsash on the ferry it is longer and I wondered if it would avoid a big hill but no such luck just a different place to do a steep hill on the way home with tired small peoples!

View attachment 29661

@Puddles is that a mountain or is that a huge wave :eek: either would make me faint !

Puddles

I think I need to stop and accept we are not brickworking lol, when you get to the stage of considering taking the bikes on the water taxi up the river to the boatyard near the brickworks to cut out the hills you need to go and drink more :cuppa:

:wacko:

Attachments

• upload_2013-9-22_9-4-56.png
    upload_2013-9-22_9-4-56.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 22

Puddles

@Puddles is that a mountain or is that a huge wave :eek: either would make me faint !

It is a big mountain... I would happily get off and make User76 get out of the trailer and push Bertha up it, but I know after an exciting busy outing Squidge would be tired and whingey and he would moan and moan like a wotsit whihc would cause fraying of my nerves and not a nice end to the day. I think we may need to do the route and just picnic a Swanwick Lakes (which is next door) one day as a practice when Mr P is at home that I can phone and say come and get him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom