Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Last year it was Nut, Egg, Kiwi & Apple (The apple child has obviously left)

Yes and no, see when we saw the lady at the pre-school she told us about their bannings which were same as primary school (until they added pear) when I said oh same families probably as it is a little village but no... the kiwi fruit is something to do with the fact it can trigger a reaction which I had never heard before, they get their basic list from the local authority our basic list is nuts, eggs & kiwi hence the Pre-school & primary school having the same food bans.

When I did speak to the receptionist at the school prior to Squidge changing to the village school I asked what was banned in lunch boxes she told me she would not be able to say for the next year apart from nuts, eggs & kiwi as the children may change and what was most interesting was that apart from the basic list handed down by local authority other items, such as pears in this instance would be at the insistence of the parent.

So if Squidge was allergic to say, carrot, I could then insist the school ban carrots.

It is also interesting because it is only "open" egg that is banned which makes it even more huh?? Quiche is fine, cake/biscuit etc with egg is fine, in fact all that is banned is egg salad & egg sandwiches & whole boiled eggs.

Which makes me more curious as if they were banning egg incase an allergic to egg child accidently eats it, why is it only "openly" egg things??
When my son was weaning he had a contact reaction to egg - nothing serious, just a rash round his mouth. When he started nursery when I returned to work I put it on his health info form.

Anyhow, he grew out of it, but I forgot to tell nursery, and unbeknownst to me, all the children were banned from eggy stuff, meanwhile at home, he was regularly nomming down scrambled eggs! He was there for three years, and all the while eggs were banned on his behalf!

I thought it was a bit strange how they kept sending him home with reipes for egg free cakes!

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
When my son was weaning he had a contact reaction to egg - nothing serious, just a rash round his mouth. When he started nursery when I returned to work I put it on his health info form.

Anyhow, he grew out of it, but I forgot to tell nursery, and unbeknownst to me, all the children were banned from eggy stuff, meanwhile at home, he was regularly nomming down scrambled eggs! He was there for three years, and all the while eggs were banned on his behalf!

I thought it was a bit strange how they kept sending him home with reipes for egg free cakes!

Oops! I comply with the list I do know a few that don't and as a not a medical type person I understand that peanuts can *foof* stuff in the air and some people have allergic reactions to just being in the same room as peanuts, so I get that but I will confess I do not understand as I have never been given an answer to other stuff, with the Kiwi It is that the protein of kiwi is similar to peanuts, so okay I will "get" that one sort of.

But and this is a sort of big but, other foods to my (limited) knowlege do not *foof* stuff in the air and so people are allergic to them by eating them or touching them? so why can my child not have a pear in his lunch? Said allergic child should not be touching nor eating my sons pear.

If the lunch staff are being clean they should wipe tables between courses so no residue is left.

My nephew cannot have gluten at all, imagine if his school banned all gluten it is a nightmare finding stuff he can and cannot have and I have been furnished with a book from my brother that goes right down to sweets.

I abide by it all but I do not quite understand it all.....

Sara_H

Guru
Oops! I comply with the list I do know a few that don't and as a not a medical type person I understand that peanuts can *foof* stuff in the air and some people have allergic reactions to just being in the same room as peanuts, so I get that but I will confess I do not understand as I have never been given an answer to other stuff, with the Kiwi It is that the protein of kiwi is similar to peanuts, so okay I will "get" that one sort of.

But and this is a sort of big but, other foods to my (limited) knowlege do not *foof* stuff in the air and so people are allergic to them by eating them or touching them? so why can my child not have a pear in his lunch? Said allergic child should not be touching nor eating my sons pear.

If the lunch staff are being clean they should wipe tables between courses so no residue is left.

My nephew cannot have gluten at all, imagine if his school banned all gluten it is a nightmare finding stuff he can and cannot have and I have been furnished with a book from my brother that goes right down to sweets.

I abide by it all but I do not quite understand it all.....

Presumably its just in case the allergic child pinches some of your sons pear. Apparently, the allergic children often do try to steal the other children s food that could cause a reaction - because it is forbidden fruit it is irresistable to them. Better safe than sorry if it's a severe allergy.

classic33

Leg End Member
sorrysmiley.gif

No I didn't honest, I think it was dis-interesting enough they did ignore it and I checked and wore a disguise and made sure I was not followed back promise promise I was really careful!
Smiley-Begging.gif

Don't banish me to the wastelands of CAD
What about Special Interests or even Helmets & Headphones?

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Rocky minimus has just popped in after playing rugby. He's looking like a right ruffian so we've made him have a bath and change his clothes. We are then treating him to a curry and he can tell us about the rough and tumble of the ruck :thumbsup:

You have fallen for it already. You do realise the fridge in his flat is empty and he needs his kit washing.:whistle:

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
Oh, go on then! :thumbsup:

Actually, I'm just going to get off CC and go through the usual ritual ... One game each of Spider Solitaire and Backgammon, solve a few crossword clues, read a chapter or two of something or other on my Tab's Kindle app, then that's another 24 hours despatched into the graveyard of history!

Love spider solitaire! 2 suites or 4?

colly

Re member eR
Back from the Yorkshire Bike Show in Leeds Town Hall.

Granddaughter won a cotton cycling hat,
SDC11755.JPG

and spend a half hour riding around a small track set up in front of the town halI. I saw some nice bikes that I'm unlikely to ever afford and I even ran into one Dylan aka Spandex of this parish.
He was there displaying some of his 36" wheeled bikes that he has begun making and selling. Yes 36".
http://www.yourspokes.co.uk/services/
Not a bad hour or two.

Puddles

Back from the Yorkshire Bike Show in Leeds Town Hall.

Granddaughter won a cotton cycling hat,
View attachment 29646

and spend a half hour riding around a small track set up in front of the town halI. I saw some nice bikes that I'm unlikely to ever afford and I even ran into one Dylan aka Spandex of this parish.
He was there displaying some of his 36" wheeled bikes that he has begun making and selling. Yes 36".
http://www.yourspokes.co.uk/services/
Not a bad hour or two.

Okay 'xplain to me what is better about bigger wheels are they supposed to be easier to pedal?

Puddles

Oh oh and also cos someone said something and I was all "oh right" and ignored them..... should my saddle height be so I can have both feet flat on the ground when my bum is on the saddle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom