Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I could do all that. I even volunteer to move spiders on request for a jam tart.

Oh I forgot one, spiders are not a problem but the occasional slug or snail that crawls in over night removal is needed (as the dog can open the back door ) Squidge does a good job of that at the mo!

Frood42

I know where my towel is
You do have to do your homework, have nice table manners, clean your room, put laundry in the laundry basket, eat it or starve, carry your own stuff when out, understand no means no and not wee or poo on the patio and if you can walk and understand what I am saying to you, you have simple chores like setting the table, stripping beds, putting underwear in the right drawer etc until you are old enough to have more complex ones. :smile:

Sounds like far too much hard work.
Underwear drawers? Nah, clean clothes in the laundry basket until I decide to wear them, creases are always in fashion :tongue: :laugh:
It also keeps people away from me :hello:

I always look forward to clean sheet month :whistle: :dance: :rolleyes: :laugh:

Oh, to still be a bachelor :cheers: :highfive:

:angel:

Sara_H

Guru
You do have to do your homework, have nice table manners, clean your room, put laundry in the laundry basket, eat it or starve, carry your own stuff when out, understand no means no and not wee or poo on the patio and if you can walk and understand what I am saying to you, you have simple chores like setting the table, stripping beds, putting underwear in the right drawer etc until you are old enough to have more complex ones. :smile:
Ha ha! You're a proper task master - you have my admiration. My son does afew jobs, but I never thought to make him strip his own bed. He's going on a residential trip with school next week, we had the information evening this week, there was lots of talk about them having to make their own bed, but somehow my son interpreted it as "Miss Sterling will be making all the beds". I don't know how he'll survive tbh.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Ha ha! You're a proper task master - you have my admiration. My son does a few jobs, but I never thought to make him strip his own bed. He's going on a residential trip with school next week, we had the information evening this week, there was lots of talk about them having to make their own bed, but somehow my son interpreted it as "Miss Sterling will be making all the beds". I don't know how he'll survive tbh.

Crikey Sara, he's got a good life your son. Stripping the bed is easy, its the getting tied up in the quilt that's the difficult bit and give him fitted sheets.

His future girlfriend/wife will thank you.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Squidge used to be able to manage just taking covers off pillows, now he can manage the sheet & duvet cover off, I am not so mean as to make him attempt ours (Kingsize) but he does do the pillows on our bed!

Mr P is now in trouble he came back from halfrauds and supermarket and got extra thick double cream instead of double cream which is no good for mud pie (I think this might be deliberate so I make something we have to have extra thick double cream with I now have 2 pints of ex.thick), he also rang with a query from supermarket asking that if they did not have own brand 85% dark chocolate was 74% okay so I said yes I did not think he meant the really expensive own brand stuff that was double the price! I showed him a picture of it an everything told him it was black packet this is in red packet! He missed the list was double sided.... he huffed and said why do you send me you know I always get it wrong :laugh: and has now gone back to shop I soothed him with the promise of millionaires shortbread :girl:

Sara_H

Guru
Crikey Sara, he's got a good life your son. Stripping the bed is easy, its the getting tied up in the quilt that's the difficult bit and give him fitted sheets.

His future girlfriend/wife will thank you.
I've just told OH to teach him how to put a duvet on. I don't think I have the required patience. He is somewhat spoiled, being an only child, only gradchild on one side (even though he now has step brothers, he's still an only child, if you catch my drift) and being the youngest among his extended family.
He does do some jobs. Feeding the dog, emptying and loading dishwasher, making his own packed lunch, putting away his own clean laundry and keeping his room tidyish. Maybe I need to extend his repertoire.

Luckily I was trained from a very young age never to wee or poo on the patio :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom