Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
lg7cb33dcf51e6d06bb7052a0cd28f364767b3de49.jpg
That's only 2 pairs of mis-matched ones :tongue:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I need new socks, all mine have holes.

I need some dull ones for work (they get wrecked in my boots if they get wet), and some nice ones for not work.

Might try and remember to buy some this weekend, but we're quite busy - a walk at St Nicks tomorrow morning, supper out with friends in the evening, and a bike show in Leeds on Sunday!

classic33

Leg End Member
I need new socks, all mine have holes.

I need some dull ones for work (they get wrecked in my boots if they get wet), and some nice ones for not work.

Might try and remember to buy some this weekend, but we're quite busy - a walk at St Nicks tomorrow morning, supper out with friends in the evening, and a bike show in Leeds on Sunday!
If they had no holes, how would you get your feet into them?
Is the bike show, in Leeds, only on on Sunday?

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I have a tea related question cos your drink it whilst you eat it, this cheese and fruit cake business, is it like that fruit cake that would survive a nuclear bomb going off cos it keeps forever and is sort of hard ish or is it normal moist light fluffy fruit cake or is it just fruit cake that has lots and lots of fruit in it like christmas fruit cake?

I ask here cos we seem to have lots of people from Yorkshire and stuff who hang around in tea & I believe that is where it sort of originates from

Inquiring minds need to know

colly

Re member eR
Cheese and fruit cake fit together perfectly. :thumbsup:

Speaking as one who comes from dahn sarff I was mightily confused when offered cheese and cake by a neighbour when moving into our new place in Leeds. Fruit cake? And cheese? TOGETHER?? (in the style of Peter Kay)
Once tried though, forever a covert.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Cheese and fruit cake fit together perfectly. :thumbsup:

Speaking as one who comes from dahn sarff I was mightily confused when offered cheese and cake by a neighbour when moving into our new place in Leeds. Fruit cake? And cheese? TOGETHER?? (in the style of Peter Kay)
Once tried though, forever a covert.

but what type of fruit cake was it

classic33

Leg End Member
I have a tea related question cos your drink it whilst you eat it, this cheese and fruit cake business, is it like that fruit cake that would survive a nuclear bomb going off cos it keeps forever and is sort of hard ish or is it normal moist light fluffy fruit cake or is it just fruit cake that has lots and lots of fruit in it like christmas fruit cake?

I ask here cos we seem to have lots of people from Yorkshire and stuff who hang around in tea & I believe that is where it sort of originates from

Inquiring minds need to know
Fruit cakes, not all edible, can be found anywhere. More outside Yorkshire than within. As for tea & Yorkshire try
http://www.yorkshire.com/what-to-do/food-and-drink/yorkshire-tea-rooms

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom