Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Snow, who goes out in snow ,did you not see the NO in the middle of the word ???
I do.:hello::
DSC00979.JPG

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Can you get chains for bicycles like you can for cars?

If it really really snows it does not really affect me, as I suspect school & pre-school will have a snow day so no "commute" and then we just sledge to the local shops I say "we" I mean small people sit on it & I pull them along

Speicher

Vice Admiral
@thegreenman 's daughter was there a week ago.

Rocky Minimus was there last summer

In Kenya today, sunset was 6.30pm and civil twilight ends at 6.51pm.......so 21 minutes

Did you or he look that up?

Madagascar is approximately the same latitude :scratch:or is it longitude, as Mauritius. The very north point of Madagascar is fairly close to Kenya.

I was trying to explain to someone going to Kenya next week, just how quickly it gets dark, compared to the longish sunsets we get here. They did not seem to believe me. :rolleyes:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Can you get chains for bicycles like you can for cars?

If it really really snows it does not really affect me, as I suspect school & pre-school will have a snow day so no "commute" and then we just sledge to the local shops I say "we" I mean small people sit on it & I pull them along
I've seen DIY chains for bikes with disc brakes but they don't fit with rim brakes. Knobbly MTB tyres work in fresh snow and these are available for when the going gets icy.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
If anyone wants some Marathon Winter Studded Tyres I have a pair for sale :whistle:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Civil Twilight Starts/Ends

Civil twilight is the period when the Sun is below the horizon but its center is less than 6 degrees below. The "Civil Twilight Starts" time is the dawn or civil dawn, with the center of the Sun at exactly 6 degrees below the horizon. Equally, the "Civil Twilight Ends" time is dusk or civil dusk, when the Sun is 6 degrees below the horizon in the evening.

During civil twilight, the sky is still illuminated, and with clear weather it is brightest in the direction of the Sun. The Moon and the brightest stars and planets may be visible. It is usually bright enough for outdoor activities without additional lighting.

Thank you Colin. After exploring the website in your link, I found the Civil Twilight times. :thumbsup:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I spent about twenty hours in Nairobi Airport in .... 1969. I was en route to Mauritius, and there was a problem with the plane. Once the plane was ready, it was dark. In those days no planes could land in Mauritius during hours of darkness.

Has Nairobi had the same airport since 1969?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom