Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
:hello: Mornings! Coffee for me here please, thanks! Another lovely day!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Speaking to my Mother the other day, she insists she is able to keep the house cool by keeping all the curtains, windows and the doors shut.:scratch:Does anyone else do that?

I keep the curtains closed when the sun is shining directly on those windows, but have the windows open at the front and back of the house. This creates a breeze through the house.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Speaking to my Mother the other day, she insists she is able to keep the house cool by keeping all the curtains, windows and the doors shut.:scratch:Does anyone else do that?

I keep the curtains closed when the sun is shining directly on those windows, but have the windows open at the front and back of the house. This creates a breeze through the house.

I'm sure there are theories and anecdotes to prove and disprove your Mother's system but I need more :cuppa: first. I've always got at least one window open all year round. Currently sitting in the path of a lovely breeze going between the windows by my desk and the garden door. Dog's outside in the garden - the grass looks only marginally healthier than the grass in the paddock.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Open the fridge and freezer doors to let some coolness in :tongue:
Flashback time! :wacko:

Peteaud

Veteran

Its what we do, and it works for us.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I'm sure there are theories and anecdotes to prove and disprove your Mother's system but I need more :cuppa: first. I've always got at least one window open all year round. Currently sitting in the path of a lovely breeze going between the windows by my desk and the garden door. Dog's outside in the garden - the grass looks only marginally healthier than the grass in the paddock.

Drinking :cuppa: is a prerequisite to any thé orising. :cuppa:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Its what we do, and it works for us.

Which method?

:cuppa:
Is it important where the breeze arrives from? As I live at the top of a hill, the breeze is a cool one, and has passed over several miles of open countryside. If you live close to, and at the same level as other buildings, is the "breeze" just recirculated warm air? Does the breeze loose moisture as it travels? :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom