Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
That's one word for it. More for everyone else's sake than hers (I think), we got it bandaged up pretty quick.

Pictures will not be required :stop:xx(

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was watching on the Eurosport Player and it was awesome :thumbsup:
It was! I waited until I watched the evening replay before coming into this thread just in case one of you forgot about spoilers, and then I was about to post my own spoiler and had to edit what I'd just typed ... :whistle:

I was out and about in my shorts in the sunshine too today (strictly - yesterday, but you know what I mean!). I did a walk from Hebden Bridge through Hardcastle Crags where my friend and I made a new pal ...

our-new-friend.jpg

We stopped off at Gibson Mill cafe for coffee and cake ...

coffee-and-cake.jpg

And then we walked up the old toll road to Widdop Road ...

bicycles-go-free.jpg

(No charge for pedestrians and cyclists, unless accompanied by livestock!)

And then back via Slack - a total of 6.5 miles with one big hill in the middle. I was a bit short of breath to start with, but was okay once my body got warmed up. My legs are a bit 'clotty' and sore but they still work.

I'll try and get a bit of a walk in most days while we have this glorious weather. :sun:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
:hello:

Yes please to :cuppa:. Need to check the bike trailer tyres in a bit. If they stayed pumped up overnight, then the Howling Dog Wagon will be in operation today. Earplugs are recommended.

Just done Maggot's trailer tyres - Mr Puddles worked very late last night, so I think a trip to the country park beach maybe in order to keep a small person quiet - ear plugs will also be required here as she likes to play her wooden harmonica in it.

Lullabelle

Banana
It was! I waited until I watched the evening replay before coming into this thread just in case one of you forgot about spoilers, and then I was about to post my own spoiler and had to edit what I'd just typed ... :whistle:

I was out and about in my shorts in the sunshine too today (strictly - yesterday, but you know what I mean!). I did a walk from Hebden Bridge through Hardcastle Crags where my friend and I made a new pal ...

View attachment 25792

We stopped off at Gibson Mill cafe for coffee and cake ...

View attachment 25793

And then we walked up the old toll road to Widdop Road ...

View attachment 25794

(No charge for pedestrians and cyclists, unless accompanied by livestock!)

And then back via Slack - a total of 6.5 miles with one big hill in the middle. I was a bit short of breath to start with, but was okay once my body got warmed up. My legs are a bit 'clotty' and sore but they still work.

I'll try and get a bit of a walk in most days while we have this glorious weather. :sun:

:wub: I like your new pal

Lullabelle

Banana
TVC is out on his bike, I have just finished breakfast so now it is time to do some cleaning before it gets too hot, :sun: :sun: :sun: already today.

An early congratulations to Djokovic, we all know Murray won't win

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
:wub: I like your new pal
My friend was also rather smitten with him! He was sunning himself on a rocky footpath though the Crags and I spotted him just before a walking boot came down on his head so we thought it best to move him into a sunny patch of grass, safe from tourist feet. :thumbsup:

I think that it is a toad but my friend thinks that it's a frog - how do you tell the difference? :wacko:

Arch

Married to Night Train
My friend was also rather smitten with him! He was sunning himself on a rocky footpath though the Crags and I spotted him just before a walking boot came down on his head so we thought it best to move him into a sunny patch of grass, safe from tourist feet. :thumbsup:

I think that it is a toad but my friend thinks that it's a frog - how do you tell the difference? :wacko:

It's a toad, he's rough and warty and a bit blunt shaped. Frogs are smooth, shiny and more pointy. Also, when moving, toads tend to walk/crawl more, and frogs are more hoppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom