Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I'd like to go to Corsica, but the tourist information they give out is a bit off-putting when they mention that rural Corsican /French road signs have the French translations obliterated by bullet holes.... yee-har!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I still want to take a bike to Corsica. It was great when I was there, and looks even better on the Tour coverage.
I fancy doing that too if/when my health/wealth permit.

I suggested Corsica to one of my sisters who was holiday-planning, but she reckoned that it would be much more expensive than more 'mainstream' destinations. Is that true?

ColinJ

Yes it is a super place to ride a bike. Not long back from there (beat the Tour to Porto Vecchio and Ajaccio). Super mountains, quiet roads - lovely jubbley
So ... how expensive are Corsican holidays?

I had a quick look and could not find direct flights. I'd be looking at 4 hours at a French airport, 7 or 8 hours in total and about £400 for the return trip, which is about double what I used to pay to the Costa Blanca.

potsy

Rambler
So ... how expensive are Corsican holidays?

I had a quick look and could not find direct flights. I'd be looking at 4 hours at a French airport, 7 or 8 hours in total and about £400 for the return trip, which is about double what I used to pay to the Costa Blanca.
If you have to ask the price Colin then you can't afford it :whistle:

Just back from the opticians after buying my first pair of new glasses for a few years, blimy aren't they expensive nowadays? :ohmy:

ColinJ

If you have to ask the price Colin then you can't afford it :whistle:
I know that I can't afford it now - I'm just wondering if I might be able to afford it in the future! :laugh:

Corsica looks a lovely place, but if I have to choose between one holiday there and two holidays somewhere else that is nice and half the price, then I'd go for the two!

potsy

Rambler
I know that I can't afford it now - I'm just wondering if I might be able to afford it in the future! :laugh:

Corsica looks a lovely place, but if I have to choose between one holiday there and two holidays somewhere else that is nice and half the price, then I'd go for the two!
Or 4 in Harrogate :whistle:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
8 in Filey.

[Edit: MasterA_T rang me this morning, from the train station, to ask if I could transfer some money to his account so he could buy his ticket to catch the train which was due to leave in 30 minutes to get to his job interview in London... his faith in technology, and me, is unwavering...]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom