Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Or an awful lot of days here in Hebden Bridge! :laugh:

I've never been to the NY Moors or the Yorkshire coast, omissions that I intend to put right one day!

You'd feel at home in Whitby, it's all up and down like HB!

TVC

Evening. Survived today, the cold is a bit better and the lip is returning to normal proportions.
The boss sidled up to me today, they want me to go and work at our London plant for a few days, so it looks like I'll be staying in Rockyland in a couple of weeks, Oh Joy!

:cuppa: anyone?

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
So ... how expensive are Corsican holidays?

I had a quick look and could not find direct flights. I'd be looking at 4 hours at a French airport, 7 or 8 hours in total and about £400 for the return trip, which is about double what I used to pay to the Costa Blanca.

I went via Pisa (by air), Tuscany (2 days) and ferry to Sardinia then ferry again to Bonifacio (Corsica). Ferry again to Toulon (from Ajaccio) and flew back from Nice. 5 days and about £500.

It was a taster of Tuscany, Sardinia and Corsica. Not enough time anywhere really - except Sardinia which is plagued by traffic.

You can find direct flights if you look for Charter flights. Otherwise it's Southern France or Italy for ferries.

potsy

Rambler
Quick, where are the mods when you need them? :giggle:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Mablethorpe, they know a cheap deal when it's pressed into their grubby little, grasping hands... don't worry, they'll never read this, they're all playing bent bingo in Skegne.......

Arch

Married to Night Train
Grimsby is only there to give the people of Hull something to snear at.

<Sits and awaits banning>

NT and I were walking to the supermarket last week, when a slightly dishevelled chap in a wheelchair with one leg (the chap, not the wheelchair, that had no legs at all) accosted us. Conversation went, roughly:

Chap: Excuse me.
Us: Yes?
Chap: I'm diabetic...
Us: Right....
Chap: I've got a problem...
Us: (increasingly wary) Yes?
Chap: I'm from Hull...
Me: Yes, you have got a problem then....

He then span the old "I've not got the bus fare home" line, and we professed ourselves sorry not to be able to help. It's funny how whenever anyone on York tries to tap you for a 'lost' bus fare, it's to get to Hull. You'd think they'd be glad not to go back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom