Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Teeny tiny leeks
Courgettes
Something else that looks a bit like mini rhubarb leaves but isn't, ummmm, butternut squash, that's it
Something else I also can't remember

He also has seeds for broccoli, peas, beans, and mange tout.

Cool!

Leeks need to be dibbed in with plenty of water (make hole in soil, put leek plant it, water the hole closed)

He'll need canes to grow his beans up, and twiggy sticks for the peas, which are more bushy.

I hope he likes courgette. One plant can produce lots!

He'll need some actual veg beds now won't he!

Night Train

Maker of Things
Cool!

Leeks need to be dibbed in with plenty of water (make hole in soil, put leek plant it, water the hole closed)

He'll need canes to grow his beans up, and twiggy sticks for the peas, which are more bushy.

I hope he likes courgette. One plant can produce lots!

He'll need some actual veg beds now won't he!
He is going to get on with it after the weekend, a lot of (assignment) work on this week.
I suggested that he goes through his prunings from last week to cut out the long thin woody bits from his pile of privet hedge cutting to reuse as canes.

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
My method is to place the sink in the hole, loose, and then stick masking tape around it on the worktop leaving a 2mm gap to the sink. Then masking tape the edge of the sink 2mm from the worktop.
Remove the sink and run a bead of sealant around the hole in the worktop. Replace the sink and tighten down the little clamps underneath.
Run finger shaped object around the sealant that has been squeezed out to get a nice bead in the masking tape gap, removing any excess in the process. Carefully remove the masking tape and then run a wet finger shaped object around the remaining bead to get a smooth edge.

Siliconing the sink was a doddle. Invert sink, run a bead round the recess under the rim, turn sink back right way up, drop into hole and tighten clamps. There's now a bead of silicon just under the sink where you can't see it. At least, I think there is...
It's siliconing round the worktop to seal it to the tiles that I can't do. I did manage to seal the bath in a few years back, using your gap-between-tape system. IIRC I used an ice cube to smooth the bead off.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
A storm is headed your way, Edna :laugh:

Well, in the end(a), I decided to see what my future (possibly) Brother In Law's bike was like (its living in our garage currently) and took it for a run.

All I can say is, that was the heaviest bike I've ridden in quite a long time!! It isn't quite a BSO, but still, if, in the highly unlikely situation where you are ever considering buying an Apollo Verge..... DON'T!

Edit: I have just looked up the reviews of it, and one of the Halfrauds reviews describes it as being

'As light as a feather'

Whoever wrote that has clearly have never rode a carbon bike then!! :rolleyes:

Gromit

Über Member
I have spent my late afternoon with a neighbour discussing his veg garden plans, looking at the veg plants and seeds he has been given, and buying gardening tools.
I may well be tree felling tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Please tell me you have all the right gear? I work with people who have ether had accidents with chainsaws or have witnessed them. Isn't Arch's birthday nearly upon us? NT should be rapped in cotton wool or bubble rap to prevent any mishaps. :laugh:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Edit: I have just looked up the reviews of it, and one of the Halfrauds reviews describes it as being

'As light as a feather'

Whoever wrote that has clearly have never rode a carbon bike then!! :rolleyes:
Or they work for Halfords.:whistle:

:hello:

Dangers of being tired #381

You suddenly realise that you've put the dog's biscuits in your bowl, not hers. Good thing I woke up at half four and not half three or I might have added milk and taken a mouthful before I realised. And I'm not sure how she would have felt about getting my muesli...
Busby would be very happy about getting my breakfast instead of his own.:laugh: (Usually at least - he's a poorly doggy at the moment and off his food.)

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Busby would be very happy about getting my breakfast instead of his own.:laugh: (Usually at least - he's a poorly doggy at the moment and off his food.)

:hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom