Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Summerking

Veteran
all tools received, and bottom bracket now in pieces..lost a bit already :-) I'm sure its not important(just joking), although it only seems to take me a few minutes of diy bicycle mechanics to thoroughly skin several knuckles, nothing like applying all your body weight to a few mm of grip.

Arch

Married to Night Train
:banghead:

How did my mother find 15 mins worth of stuff to say, when I only left her yesterday morning!

If I hadn't got heavy handed, I'd still be listening to her giving me a running commentary on chasing a fly out of the kitchen.

And I know the garden looks alright*, I was THERE YESTERDAY!

And Breathe. Bless her.

Now, :cuppa:?

*For alright, read blooming lovely, but she's never happy with it....

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Guilty, m'lud :laugh:

Same here, it's just nobody has caught me yet!! :thumbsup:

Night Train

Maker of Things
View attachment 24603 Evenings!!!
Just sealed round the edges of my kitchen worktop. I'm utterly rubbish with silicon sealant, so I used the cheaty tape stuff. Personally, I'm pretty chuffed with it all, considering I'm not a kitchen fitter...
My method is to place the sink in the hole, loose, and then stick masking tape around it on the worktop leaving a 2mm gap to the sink. Then masking tape the edge of the sink 2mm from the worktop.
Remove the sink and run a bead of sealant around the hole in the worktop. Replace the sink and tighten down the little clamps underneath.
Run finger shaped object around the sealant that has been squeezed out to get a nice bead in the masking tape gap, removing any excess in the process. Carefully remove the masking tape and then run a wet finger shaped object around the remaining bead to get a smooth edge.

Reactions: GM

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mmmm, just had kippers for tea. House stinks, belly full :hungry:

Mum and I were in a B and B in Ullapool once, and at breakfast we were sitting with a German couple, who asked us about the menu. It's quite hard to define some things and make them sound nice....

German Couple: And ziz - vat iz 'Porridge'?
Us: Um. Er. It's a sort of paste made of oats....
German Couple: Ah. And ziz. Vat iz 'kipper'?
Us: Um. Er. It's a sort of bony smoked fish...
German Couple: Ah. And vat iz 'Black Pudding'?
Us: Oh! Oh, you'll like that! Blood Sausage!

They went for the fry up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom