Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

This is more my style
cat_birthday_cake.jpeg

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

I'm not so sure myself, but if you like it the colours, then that's all that matters really.

Oh, you mean the CAT? Sorry I thought you meant the seat, sorry!

Night Train

Maker of Things
@Night Train there's some good info in the Business Forum on starting up being Self Employed. Good luck with that! :thumbsup:
@Night Train if you want to know anything about self employment, other than the government screw you for money of course, you can always ask me I run my own business.
Thank you.

I have run my own businesses before but it is something that doesn't come naturally to me and so the accountant always make more money out of my work then I do!

This time I just want to do something simple, a sole trader making and fixing things, with an invoice book and some suitable public liability insurance. I have the offer of some potential work and it will 'ease' me back into earning a living and the positive pressures that come with that. Hopefully I will then be able to expand that to enough hours to make a real living again and defeat the mental and physical illness that I was left with from my last job.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Thank you.

I have run my own businesses before but it is something that doesn't come naturally to me and so the accountant always make more money out of my work then I do!

This time I just want to do something simple, a sole trader making and fixing things, with an invoice book and some suitable public liability insurance. I have the offer of some potential work and it will 'ease' me back into earning a living and the positive pressures that come with that. Hopefully I will then be able to expand that to enough hours to make a real living again and defeat the mental and physical illness that I was left with from my last job.

Sounds like you have got it all sussed then just dont forget to tell the Tax Office and sort out your NI contributions or get an exemption form.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Sounds like you have got it all sussed then just dont forget to tell the Tax Office and sort out your NI contributions or get an exemption form.
Cheers, but far from sussed.

I sort of know where I want to be but have never taken myself there. I will phone the Tax Office tomorrow to find out what hoops I need to jump through and what I need in place.
The DWP has told me first that my earnings would be mostly deducted from my benefits so I am only very slightly better off and then they said that I could earn up to £99pw and it not affect my benefits. :scratch: I will wait until I get the paper work and then clarify if I need to.

I'll get over to the business forum later to have a read. :thumbsup:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Cheers, but far from sussed.

I sort of know where I want to be but have never taken myself there. I will phone the Tax Office tomorrow to find out what hoops I need to jump through and what I need in place.
The DWP has told me first that my earnings would be mostly deducted from my benefits so I am only very slightly better off and then they said that I could earn up to £99pw and it not affect my benefits. :scratch: I will wait until I get the paper work and then clarify if I need to.

I'll get over to the business forum later to have a read. :thumbsup:

Well I dont know anything about the benefits side of it but once you get that straight the Tax side of it is very easy, I remember when I went VAT Registered and i thought it would be a nightmare but in fact it is very easy to deal with once you get it all in place.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
There's something going on near the main road - I can hear lots of horns beeping and men yelling/whooping. Not in the mood to walk down to find out what's what. And it's :rain:.

:scratch:

Night Train

Maker of Things
There's something going on near the main road - I can hear lots of horns beeping and men yelling/whooping. Not in the mood to walk down to find out what's what. And it's :rain:.

:scratch:
Last time I came across something like that I was a kid in the back of my Dad's car in the early 70's. There was a topless (women) photo shoot on a roundabout. The traffic was crazy.:rolleyes:

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
Back from a WNRttP, and had some restorative pasta with red pesto, a glass of vino and a jam sarney carbo-loading. Just to soak up the Doom Bar, like...
:bicycle::cheers::bicycle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom