England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Lovely ride, great to meet some new faces and reunited with some old, sorry for my long absence. Btw, I beat iLB. On fixed. He's still fat. And slow.
Cafe was awesome, been meaning to go for weeks and now will be going back at the first opportunity.

Unfortunately things took a turn for the worse about half a mile from home. Heading up a clear (blue superhighway stylee) cycle lane with a stationary line of traffic, someone had evidently left a gap for an approaching motorist to turn into a side road. It turns out he hadn't looked properly, so pulled out literally right in front of me as I hit the edge of said side road. I managed to employ my skillz to avoid hitting the car, but I had turned so sharply left that it threw me off the bike, introducing my head to the pavement in an unfortunate fashion. I think I did a couple of ninja rolls but was going too fast to avoid the momentum then carrying my bonce onto the stone, head first could have been much worse. After that it all gets a bit dream like, don't know if I was out cold for long, or at all, but can't really remember much of what was said, apart from me saying I was fine and getting back on the bike. Absolutely no memory of riding home or getting inside until I had a glass of lemonade. When I realised I was still forgetting things that had just happened as the adrenaline wore off it shook me a bit, but then it was off to A and E and I was given the all clear with just some bumps and scrapes. Could have been a lot worse but not all that fun. Even managed to make a (miniscule, I might add) hole in my indestructible messenger bag; must have hit hard.

Ah well, still a great fun day before that eh! Thanks to all.

Hope you're feeling better Jack! Lucky escape by the sound of it.....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Depends how bladdered I got the previous night at football...
biggrin.gif

strutton1981

hi guys id really like to join in this sunday as a newbie and getting my new bike tomorrow so it'll be a good run for it. where and what is the hpc?

Thanks stuart

hi guys id really like to join in this sunday as a newbie and getting my new bike tomorrow so it'll be a good run for it. where and what is the hpc?

Thanks stuart

Hello Stuart, HPC is Hyde Park Corner. Well, it's not the 'corner' but the bit smack bang in the middle, AKA Wellington Arch. Rides are conducted at 'conversational pace' (© dellzeqq) and can go anywhere! Who knows, who cares! 'Commuting with chit chat' is the name of the game, but I was going to suggest a quick run to feltham for Clive this weekend (and a detour via Windsor for fun) - but Clive prefers his conversations to take place outside the HPC (Hyde Park Conveniences). You don't understand? Turn up on Sunday, about 09:30 for a bit of fun - until the Bromley massive arrive that is... :whistle: :smile:

strutton1981

ok more than likely count me in. i'll be cycling up from erith so probably leave about 0830. let me know if any body comes up from this way and maybe i can join them.

stuart

ok more than likely count me in. i'll be cycling up from erith so probably leave about 0830. let me know if any body comes up from this way and maybe i can join them.

stuart

Another potential Bromley Massive man - what is it about the South eh? :smile: Martin 235 might be your friend on this...sometimes he turns up when he can be bothered to lay off the bike cleaning on a Saturday night.

Radius

SHREDDER
Depending how much time I've got, I might come out to play again.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I have become slack-with my long absence I have made plans of 'the eating nature' this Sunday afternoon- how could a girl refuse - I'm not allowed to cycle at the moment...:angry:

The unpacking is still not finished but maybe will see you all soon (new faces and old faces alike)- I'm sure I'll head onto a ride once the headwind picks up and its starts pissing it down!

martint235

Dog on a bike

stuart

Hi and welcome. A few people meet up in Bromley (I cycle from Welling to join the Bromley lot) but that's a bit of a trek from Erith. We do go past Deptford bridge at about 9am if you want to meet us there. If not just turn up at Wellington Arch at 9.30.

If you'd like to meet at Deptdford, give us a rough idea of what to look for? I'm a tall bloke (6'6) on a red and silver Giant racer with some people on shiny bikes.:tongue:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Another potential Bromley Massive man - what is it about the South eh? :smile: Martin 235 might be your friend on this...sometimes he turns up when he can be bothered to lay off the bike cleaning on a Saturday night.

Hey Topcat tells me that bike cleaning is an important part of my life, apparently

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I may be showing my face this weekend. Although would meet the bunch at HPC rather than the dripping tap. Early stars aren't my friend
tongue.gif

Top Bottom