England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
sunday326.jpg
Andy looks more relaxed than last time I saw him! :smile: "The Specialized effect" Nice pics Dave. A rare collection of peeps today - sorry to have been at work. :sad:
Hope you bought me one of those hats Dave - you know I will pay you back...:tongue:
Anyway, the next triathlon is about the 11th September? in Richmond Park. Best not head that way then...
It's half time in the football Ian...er what is the latest score may I ask? :whistle:

martint235

Dog on a bike
It's half time in the football Ian...er what is the latest score may I ask? :whistle:

Yes what is the score?

redjedi

Über Member
Another good ride. What a great way to spend a Sunday Morning/afternoon
biggrin.gif

46 miles in all with a little detour at the end through Richmond Park. Route details

Good to see some new faces and some very old ones i.e. Radius.

2uekadi.jpg

15fmauo.jpg

103h0nd.jpg

Mista pestons ideal bike. All wrapped up in a nice woolly jumper
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 32
Another good ride. What a great way to spend a Sunday Morning/afternoon
biggrin.gif

46 miles in all with a little detour at the end through Richmond Park. Route details

Good to see some new faces and some very old ones i.e. Radius.

2uekadi.jpg

15fmauo.jpg

103h0nd.jpg

Mista pestons ideal bike. All wrapped up in a nice woolly jumper
biggrin.gif

Where is this cafe and can we go there next Sunday?

PS. What are the wallet looking things in the window? and are the caps any good?

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 39

iLB

Hello there
:biggrin:
they've only got the hats in yello

by the time jack and i left there were some blue hats too...

was it really 28 miles from hpc to look mom no hands?

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
28 miles for myself and Andy.

Lovely ride and great to see some new faces.
thumbsup.png
Hopefully my writings of the days events is of sufficient quality as we were missing the true write up master, Aperitif.

We left Wellington Arch a little later than usual as few of us had trouble getting there with road closures and the like. Good job as well as Jack (Radius yeah?) turned up shortly before the off.

Conversational pace was held for most of today's jaunt. Forgetting to do the traditional lap of Hyde Park we headed straight for the palace to greet the Queen before ducking down Whitehall and over Westminster Bridge. Gently sauntering over Lambeth and Vauxhall towards Battersea Park where we bumped into ....

SundayCC0808_Allstop.jpg

...Andy Allstop on his new yellow trike.
whistling.gif

Out of the park and over Chelsea Bridge; Jack, on his fixie challenged Andy (iLB) to a race, totally unprompted by me, oh yes indeedy.
whistling.gif
I gave up the chase due to laughing too much. The group reunited as we passed a rather sorry looking Albert Bridge and over Battersea Bridge back into the park, once more saying hello to Andy on his trike.

Heading now towards the call of coffee and cake along the Albert Embankment where Jack showed off his "Look Mum One Hand" skillz.
thumbsup.png

SundayCC0808_LMOH.jpg

...to his credit he was track standing no hands on more than one occasion.
ohmy.gif

and onwards along the South Bank past the Millennium Eye.....

SundayCC0808_Eye.jpg

...hastily photographed whilst on the move, trying desperately to avoid the pothole and the cab driver.
wacko.gif

Finally navigating over Blackfriars Bridge through Farringdon and Clerkenwell to Look Mum No Hands filled with coffee, cake and chatter.

SundayCC0808_SigDave.jpg

SundayCC0808_AndyRemus.jpg

Attachments

• thumbsup.png
    thumbsup.png
    447 bytes · Views: 19
  • whistling.gif
    whistling.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 34

Eurygnomes

Sounds like a good ride AND you ended up in my 'hood. Shame i was sightseeing with a visitor...roll on end august, when the velibs will allegedly be available casually...

Radius

SHREDDER
Lovely ride, great to meet some new faces and reunited with some old, sorry for my long absence. Btw, I beat iLB. On fixed. He's still fat. And slow.
Cafe was awesome, been meaning to go for weeks and now will be going back at the first opportunity.

Unfortunately things took a turn for the worse about half a mile from home. Heading up a clear (blue superhighway stylee) cycle lane with a stationary line of traffic, someone had evidently left a gap for an approaching motorist to turn into a side road. It turns out he hadn't looked properly, so pulled out literally right in front of me as I hit the edge of said side road. I managed to employ my skillz to avoid hitting the car, but I had turned so sharply left that it threw me off the bike, introducing my head to the pavement in an unfortunate fashion. I think I did a couple of ninja rolls but was going too fast to avoid the momentum then carrying my bonce onto the stone, head first could have been much worse. After that it all gets a bit dream like, don't know if I was out cold for long, or at all, but can't really remember much of what was said, apart from me saying I was fine and getting back on the bike. Absolutely no memory of riding home or getting inside until I had a glass of lemonade. When I realised I was still forgetting things that had just happened as the adrenaline wore off it shook me a bit, but then it was off to A and E and I was given the all clear with just some bumps and scrapes. Could have been a lot worse but not all that fun. Even managed to make a (miniscule, I might add) hole in my indestructible messenger bag; must have hit hard.

Ah well, still a great fun day before that eh! Thanks to all.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Gently sauntering over Lambeth and Vauxhall towards Battersea Park where we bumped into ....

SundayCC0808_Allstop.jpg

...Andy Allstop on his new yellow trike.
whistling.gif

Me? On that thing? No way. The whole thing looks like its held together with nuts and bolts. I'm strictly an electrician's tape and ziptie kinda guy. :biggrin:

Sorry I missed the ride. Was having an absolute nightmare condemned to live in a slum of makeshift housing with poor security, little structural integrity, and no sanitation whilst utterly overrun by feral gangs of children that would not sleep camping holiday. I should be out for the next one, though I'm suddenly looking a little scared about the whitstable / martlets dominance on my dance card.

Top Bottom